Band recommendation - M83

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Not sure who's heard of these guys.

M83

@Tron1982 will be very aware of them, they're French and really worthwhile checking out, they've done some hits you may not realise is them.

I'm just listening through the Oblivion Film OST which was by them as a side project and is easily up there in scale and gravitas with anything by Hans Zimmer or Danny Elfman which is no small feat.

They did a few albums before one member left the band after their second album, but the one to watch out for is Hurry Up, We're Dreaming. It's such a phenomenal album, a real album that works through track to track, rather than being a collection of random songs.

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Not sure who's heard of these guys.

M83

@Tron1982 will be very aware of them, they're French and really worthwhile checking out, they've done some hits you may not realise is them.

I'm just listening through the Oblivion Film OST which was by them as a side project and is easily up there in scale and gravitas with anything by Hans Zimmer or Danny Elfman which is no small feat.

They did a few albums before one member left the band after their second album, but the one to watch out for is Hurry Up, We're Dreaming. It's such a phenomenal album, a real album that works through track to track, rather than being a collection of random songs.

I love M83, have listened to them for years. I'd keep meaning to check if they're ever playing any live shows over this way. Hurry Up, We're Dreaming is probably my favourite album of theirs, next to Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts.