Bank Holiday Gaming

fluffybunny

Morning all, hoping you've all had a wonderful weekend.

My weekend consisted of meetings regarding the PLan event we're running in less than two weeks time :-O during the day and then on an evening, the usual BFBC2.

One of the guys took it upon himself to try and teach me how to fly an apache yesterday. Entertaining, not! Glad there was only the two of us in the server at the time. I don't know, you think you're happy running round being cannon fodder, then you're told:-

1. Change your gun
2. Alter your mouse settings for the gun
3. Learn to fly (hmmmm, wasn't that a Foo Fighters song?)
4. Alter the settings on your mouse for flying as well
5. Die horribly lots whilst you try to take into account all the changes you've made to your setup.

That and slowly trying to work my way through the tutorials for Supreme Commander 2. Dead exciting me, up on all the new games lol.

So what did other people get up this bank holiday

Rakk

The Awesome
My weekend wasn't too bad, played EQ2 a lot on Saturday, and got some new loot :). Played through some of the easy campaign missions on SupComm2 (yeah, I've only just started playing it too). Also got high on the smell of gloss paint and I was cold (had some painters in doing all my windows, couldn't shut the windows all day, and it wasn't very warm).

Sunday, bit of EQ2, bit of SupComm2 and then a BBQ :). Returned late to that lovely smell of gloss paint still.

Monday, a small amount of EQ2 and quite a bit of getting beaten to a pulp in SupComm2 by Gorman, I'm going to treat it as a learning experience :)

And of course now that I'm back at work, the sun is shining and it's lovely and warm ......

PS. And you thought your games were old, have you seen how old EQ2 is (I'll give you a clue, was released at the end of 04)!

fluffybunny

Lol, the reason I'm working through the Supcom 2 tutorials is because of Gorman. I know he's going to show up in 10 days time and just ruin everybody's day on this tournament again as he did last time. Grown men growling in frustration springs to mind lol.

I can't game through the day because the 3 year old demands all my time so I catch up on an evening.

EQ2 - I was happy yesterday because my OH claims that he has set up a NWN2 server for me to play on through the night whilst everybody else is sleeping at the event. So I'm happy :)))) That, and the fact that probably nobody will want to play it with me :-(

fluffybunny

How can it be anybody's match? You've already admitted that you can beat Huckan, Jack isn't coming, I haven't seen Tony practicing that much. That leaves the other two "senior" players that you usually play against anyway. Unless there's some hidden skill in one of the players neither of us know ...

Gorman

Author Level
Huckan, Tom and Mr Dave all have a shot and then there are those who had a bad game last time or just wernt expecting the UEF gunship fury at 30 seconds after the rush timer ended.

fluffybunny

I shan't hold my breath lol.

I give it maybe 3 minutes after the end of no rush before everybody is annoyed at you again (including me, because it cut my break short!)

Anybody know what Serious Sam is like, seeing as we have a server coming along for that and I've not even tried the game yet :-O

Gorman

Author Level
Its like doom, on crack.

[video=youtube;uOgnIKjtKyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOgnIKjtKyE&feature=related[/video]

fluffybunny

Oh joy, another game where I'm gonna get my ass handed to me and become a liability to whatever team I'm on (I take it there are teams?)

Why can't we just play farmville, I could farm you all into oblivion!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Haha, but all team games need the fodder, because if we didnt have any on our team, there wouldnt be any on the other team to nail time and time again!

Also, Farmville is evil and will one day try to take over the world, and that is the time when all us proper gamers will have to rise up and destroy it with out BFG 9000s!!!!!

Gorman

Author Level
Farmville_sucks_by_PrincessTigerLili.jpg

StarCraft2_Like_Farmville.jpg

d112c9feb4073a775efa539053ac6aca25fac827_m_thumb.jpg

fluffybunny

That had to be rep for both of you lol.

I feel this way about Farmville too sometimes but it is very addictive and I can at least play it without Jeff blowing me head orf. Jeff being the bloke who decided that he would teach me to fly the apache because it was at least different entertainment to blowing me head orf all day long