Bannerlord in one week!

Dayve

Hello all, long time no post (about 3 years, sorry lol). Just here to remind you that Bannerlord is releasing on the 31st. It's the long-awaited sequel to Mount and Blade: Warband. It is releasing in early access despite the 8-year long development time but it appears to me pretty much complete, just one or two features missing that will be added shortly after.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello all, long time no post (about 3 years, sorry lol). Just here to remind you that Bannerlord is releasing on the 31st. It's the long-awaited sequel to Mount and Blade: Warband. It is releasing in early access despite the 8-year long development time but it appears to me pretty much complete, just one or two features missing that will be added shortly after.
Ooooo, I like the sound of that, gonna check it out. Is it on Steam?

Nice to see you again :)

Dayve

Aye it's on STEAM. It has been on STEAM since late 2016 actually... the game was heavily delayed. It has taken so long to develop because apparently the development team is very small (just like they were when they made Warband), is still essentially an indie studio, and because they were unhappy with several aspects so they scrapped them and started all over again. They also built the engine especially for this game which I'm told takes a long time.

The BETA is for the multiplayer only - singleplayer comes with the early access on the 31st. I'm not even sure if they're still sending out invites for the beta given that it's only 1 week to release.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Aye it's on STEAM. It has been on STEAM since late 2016 actually... the game was heavily delayed. It has taken so long to develop because apparently the development team is very small (just like they were when they made Warband), is still essentially an indie studio, and because they were unhappy with several aspects so they scrapped them and started all over again. They also built the engine especially for this game which I'm told takes a long time.

The BETA is for the multiplayer only - singleplayer comes with the early access on the 31st. I'm not even sure if they're still sending out invites for the beta given that it's only 1 week to release.
Had a look and it does look very impressive, full open world but strategy at the same time which is a nice mix.

Dayve

Ah...my bad...didn't realise it was single and multi-player....that'll teach me to interject myself into things I have zero knowledge about :rolleyes:

I actually haven't bothered with the beta myself. Didn't even apply. The single player is what Mount and Blade was always about for me, the multiplayer I just couldn't care less. I like recruiting my own armies, watching peasants with pitchforks evolve into knights as they gain more exp, leading them in battle and getting my own castle to defend and stuff. That's where the fun is. A battle without the backstory from the campaign is meaningless.