Batch of the Day

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Had a bit of an epiphany last night. Came to the realisation that when the kid arrives we’re going to be knackered, spending all our time looking after him and will likely not want to do much in the way of cooking.

I really don’t want to spend all my hard earned cash on takeaways or living off beans on toast so today I drove to Morrisons (other supermarkets are available), came back with a boot full of various odds and sods and set about preparing lots of homemade food that I can bung in our freshly de-iced freezer. That way we’ve got ready made nutrition ready to heat up when we need it.

2E38684E-F446-4E60-A6CC-94921D8BB793.jpeg

Top and bottom right is the white sauce and meaty filling for a lasagne. Bottom left is the onions, peppers and spices that have gone on to form the backbone of a mighty chilli con carne. And top left is a load of veg and a couple of chicken carcasses with which I made a big old pot of stock. That stock will get used tomorrow when I’ll be making soup and my world famous sausage casserole.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Had a bit of an epiphany last night. Came to the realisation that when the kid arrives we’re going to be knackered, spending all our time looking after him and will likely not want to do much in the way of cooking.

I really don’t want to spend all my hard earned cash on takeaways or living off beans on toast so today I drove to Morrisons (other supermarkets are available), came back with a boot full of various odds and sods and set about preparing lots of homemade food that I can bung in our freshly de-iced freezer. That way we’ve got ready made nutrition ready to heat up when we need it.

View attachment 33007

Top and bottom right is the white sauce and meaty filling for a lasagne. Bottom left is the onions, peppers and spices that have gone on to form the backbone of a mighty chilli con carne. And top left is a load of veg and a couple of chicken carcasses with which I made a big old pot of stock. That stock will get used tomorrow when I’ll be making soup and my world famous sausage casserole.
Excellent idea!

I'm sure you're aware, but there are some pretty cool pre prepared veg these days, like ready sofrito packs or chopped onions or peppers, just stick em in the freezer, those I find so useful when I want a decent homecooked meal but don't wanna spend hours over preparation.

The other absolute wonder is the cheese sauces in the fresh isle, my favorite is from waitrose, their 4 cheese sauce is sublime, but they all do them, but I often do quick pasta meals with this bad boy:

LN_027757_BP_11.jpg

Little things like that turn a big meal into fairly easy bung in the oven and sit back, so you're not compromising on quality or health.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

View attachment 33007

That's week one covered then........................

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
That's week one covered then........................
Hopefully a couple of weeks, buddy. There was a kilo of mince in the chilli, another in the lasagne and there’s eighteen sausages going into the casserole. We bought a load of those plastic takeaway style tubs so we can have everything portioned and ready to go.

But the chilli is amazing and I’ve had a couple of beers this evening, there’s a good chance I could make a dent in it tonight if the ale hunger strikes me.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Niiiiice! On the gain train too mate, I've a stone off me. Need another one then I'll be happy but half way there 💪
Keep at it, amigo! The pay off is worth the hard work and self discipline.

I find it helpful to say motivational phrases to myself such as ‘you can do it, fatty!’

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Keep at it, amigo! The pay off is worth the hard work and self discipline.

I find it helpful to say motivational phrases to myself such as ‘you can do it, fatty!’
Definitely all I'm doing is a bit of running and not eating like an absolute clown of a human being like before

It's amazing how quickly it's starts to come off as soon as you start eating properly. Food scales where the big game changer though

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Definitely all I'm doing is a bit of running and not eating like an absolute clown of a human being like before

It's amazing how quickly it's starts to come off as soon as you start eating properly. Food scales where the big game changer though
To be honest, it was knocking the beer on the head for a bit that made the biggest difference for me. I wasn’t drinking vast quantities but fell into the routine of having a bottle or two of the ale most nights whilst we were watching the TV. When I stopped that and made my food portion sizes a little smaller the weight fell off rapidly.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
To be honest, it was knocking the beer on the head for a bit that made the biggest difference for me. I wasn’t drinking vast quantities but fell into the routine of having a bottle or two of the ale most nights whilst we were watching the TV. When I stopped that and made my food portion sizes a little smaller the weight fell off rapidly.
We'll not talk about the 10 pints of stout I had on saturday but that's me off it for the next couple months anyways, should see some good results