Battery already dead.

PedramB

Hello.

I bought in September 2021 an Ionico 17 (via Curry pc world). It was working perfectly, a huge upgrade from my previous laptop allowing me to play super smoothly games like Resident Evil 8 and Sea of Thieves.

Then something happened which is extremely unpleasant: the battery is now stuck at 0% even when its plugged.

I would like to add that i always make sure that the laptop is never overheating with my cooling pad and additional ventilation devices to keep it as cool as possible while I game highly demanding games.

Because of that, there are some games that have a highly reduced frame rate performance when i launch them, like sea of thieves. And this usually happens when the laptop is unplugged.

I tried the thing where you uninstall and reinstall the battery management service app, it didnt work. Tried « empty it » completely by pressing the on button for 15-30 seconds. I always clean up the laptop there is no accumulation of dust beneath it.

So... can anyone explain to me why a 1600£ laptop would have a dead battery only after two months of usage? And more importantly, what I should do and if anyone else had that issue before.

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello.

I bought in September 2021 an Ionico 17 (via Curry pc world). It was working perfectly, a huge upgrade from my previous laptop allowing me to play super smoothly games like Resident Evil 8 and Sea of Thieves.

Then something happened which is extremely unpleasant: the battery is now stuck at 0% even when its plugged.

I would like to add that i always make sure that the laptop is never overheating with my cooling pad and additional ventilation devices to keep it as cool as possible while I game highly demanding games.

Because of that, there are some games that have a highly reduced frame rate performance when i launch them, like sea of thieves. And this usually happens when the laptop is unplugged.

I tried the thing where you uninstall and reinstall the battery management service app, it didnt work. Tried « empty it » completely by pressing the on button for 15-30 seconds. I always clean up the laptop there is no accumulation of dust beneath it.

So... can anyone explain to me why a 1600£ laptop would have a dead battery only after two months of usage? And more importantly, what I should do and if anyone else had that issue before.

Thanks
It's quite possible it's a dead battery which is why you take out a warranty to protect against things like that.

Worth RMA'ing it with PCS.

PedramB

No not really, although when I started playing Age of Empires 4, the screen would sometimes flicker a tiny bit. I looked it up it seems to be about the refresh rate that can demande a lot of power. And since the battery is dead I strongly believe it’s because of that.

Other than that, everything else works fine.

To what address should I RMA the battery and do I leave a letter in it?

Thanks
There's nothing wrong with the laptop is there?

Just need to RMA the battery.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No not really, although when I started playing Age of Empires 4, the screen would sometimes flicker a tiny bit. I looked it up it seems to be about the refresh rate that can demande a lot of power. And since the battery is dead I strongly believe it’s because of that.

Other than that, everything else works fine.

To what address should I RMA the battery and do I leave a letter in it?

Thanks
You just create an RMA in your online account, that will take you through everything.

The warranty on batteries is 6 months so it's fully covered.

That's why the manufacturers put a 6 month warranty on batteries, if it's a dead cell, it's not going to show that in the 12 hours that PCS stress test it, but invariably it would show significant wear within the first 6 months.

It's just one of those things with PC equipment, and why warranty is so important, you can't always tell a defective product without months of usage.

PedramB

Hello again! Quick question: how do i create an RMA on my account? I looked everywhere i cant find the option

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hello again! Quick question: how do i create an RMA on my account? I looked everywhere i cant find the option
1636378706193.jpeg

Bhuna50

Author Level
I would think you may have to return the entire laptop for them to check that it is definitely the battery that has the issue and not any loose wiring or connections on the chassis that is stopping the battery from recharging - otherwise, you might end up draining the next battery to the same and having to start / wait again for another RMA.