Battery Dissapointment

roblan

I purchased a 17.3" Optimus VIII some years ago and its in perfect condition apart from the battery lasts about 3 minutes when unplugged. ive contacted PCS for a replacement to be told that as the laptop is 6 years old its reached its "end of life" and there are no parts available any more! I find that crazy!

does anyone know where i can get a battery that will fit?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I purchased a 17.3" Optimus VIII some years ago and its in perfect condition apart from the battery lasts about 3 minutes when unplugged. ive contacted PCS for a replacement to be told that as the laptop is 6 years old its reached its "end of life" and there are no parts available any more! I find that crazy!

does anyone know where i can get a battery that will fit?
PCS will keep minimal stocks, storing components takes a lot of space, and costs a lot of money. PCS don't manufacture these chassis, so it's purely down to the manufacturer as to how long spares are available which all depends how well that model sold. More premium chassis will tend to have better stocks of spare parts down the line as they tend to sell in lower quantities.

If you look on the underside of the laptop you'll see a chassis model number which should be Clevo I think, if you can post that we can have a search for another source.