Battery life/consumption

Fadin

Posted in the wrong forum:

Hey, so I recently received my laptop and its so beautiful and amazing! However, I do have a question about the battery: my charger is always inserted- despite the battery being charged at 100%- and as soon as I disconnect my charger, my battery percentage drops rapidly. I've always heard that charging a battery whilst it is 100% will decrease its life and effeciency. However, apparently these are just mere myths. In my current situation, my laptop is situated on my desk upon a laptop cooler, and will remain there for 2 months. Therefore, the portability of the laptop does not really concern me at this moment in time. So, if these myths were true, then would just connecting my charger to the laptop (without the battery) be feasible; or does this also supposedly cause issues?

Thank you

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
The charging circuit will not charge the battery beyond a set voltage, so no need to worry really.

Running the laptop without the battery is also fine, provided you don't have a power cut at an inopportune moment. if you leave the battery in then you have a backup that will cut in automatically should it need to.