Battery wear level 75%, not charging anymore ?

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
// Apologies, I didn't see I was in the Sales Advice section ! Please move this to Technical Support if you read this, thank you ! \\

Hi there !

I've had my Octave V for almost 3 years now (it will be in December) and today I just noticed that my battery wasn't charging anymore when plugged in to the wall (the icon in the windows tray doesn't move, it just says plugged in but it receives no juice whatsoever).
Checking the wear level on HWinfo tells me that it's at 75% which is super strange because it was at 40% not too long ago..
Now when I unplug the AC adapter from the laptop it shuts down immediatly, I've never had this happen before so I'm not sure what happened here.

Should I go ahead and buy a new battery on PCS since the option is available ? (yet quite pricey)

P.S : My laptop is always plugged in to the wall, maybe that's the reason why the battery died so quickly ?

Attachments

• bat.png
    bat.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 67
  • bat2.png
    bat2.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Should I go ahead and buy a new battery on PCS since the option is available ? (yet quite pricey)
Yes, that one certainly looks like it's had it.

P.S : My laptop is always plugged in to the wall, maybe that's the reason why the battery died so quickly ?
There's nothing wrong with having it plugged in all the time, but make sure you turn off the plug at the wall when it's not in use, otherwise that will constantly trickle charge and degrade the battery when you're not using it.

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
I appreciate the answer, thank you !
I'm still under warranty until December, do you think I can ask for a replacement battery or should I just order one right away ?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I appreciate the answer, thank you !
I'm still under warranty until December, do you think I can ask for a replacement battery or should I just order one right away ?
Batteries are only covered for the first couple of months mate due to their volatility and ease of user damage, worth asking though

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You wont get a battery under warranty, they are only covered for 6 months:

7.7Laptop Batteries come with a maximum 6 month warranty, regardless of which warranty option is purchased.

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah I thought every part was under the same warranty the laptop comes with but I guess it's logical for these to have a shorter one. PCS said to RMA the battery, send it back and buy a new one, which is quite pointless in my opinion but at least I tried 😂

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
PCS said to RMA the battery, send it back and buy a new one, which is quite pointless in my opinion but at least I tried 😂
Why is that pointless? That's what you want to do, it's only the battery that's affected right?

There's no need to send back the whole system? You simply buy a replacement battery and fit it yourself.

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
I'm only saying it's pointless because I can buy a replacement battery from PCS directly without having to send back the one I already have. I'd feel better having 2 instead of 1 anyway, just to be safe. That was just an observation on my part though, no hard feelings here 🙏

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm only saying it's pointless because I can buy a replacement battery from PCS directly without having to send back the one I already have. I'd feel better having 2 instead of 1 anyway, just to be safe. That was just an observation on my part though, no hard feelings here 🙏
Oh, I see what you mean, yeah, that's a bit odd, no point sending the dead one back at all.

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
Received the battery, works as intended so I'm pretty happy with that.
The custom taxes from Fedex was apparently a mistake so they refunded me of the amount.
Thanks for the help and advices here guys !