Ben White Engalnds 26th man

rouchie

Rising Star
Ben White confirmed this morning as Trent Alexander Arnolds replacement, I thought he did well in the 2 games but I did think he might have opted for some more creative attacking power in some one like Lingard?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’m cynical.

It’s not like there weren’t enough defenders in the squad already. That choice says to me that Southgate is potentially going to go with five at the back.

Midfield is the area where they’re dangerously short, especially with Jordan Henderson’s match fitness being questionable. I thought James Ward-Prowse made a good impression and would’ve been a good choice. He’s got pinpoint accuracy at set pieces which would be great with all the free kicks Grealish gains the team, he’s never injured and he always puts a shift in.

rouchie

Rising Star
Yep, agree on both points, we are overstocked on defenders, and JWP also performed well enough to be considered

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I’m cynical.

It’s not like there weren’t enough defenders in the squad already. That choice says to me that Southgate is potentially going to go with five at the back.

Midfield is the area where they’re dangerously short, especially with Jordan Henderson’s match fitness being questionable. I thought James Ward-Prowse made a good impression and would’ve been a good choice. He’s got pinpoint accuracy at set pieces which would be great with all the free kicks Grealish gains the team, he’s never injured and he always puts a shift in.
I think it's a tactical masterclass personally - we don't have to worry about getting knocked out on penalties if we don't make it to the knockout stages!

giphy.gif

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
He was thinking he would break his international duck
Worked out well for him. At least the penalty he missed on Sunday wasn’t an important one like the Colombia shootout. I just hope it was a bit of a wake up call. That wasn’t the work of a captain thinking about the team, that was someone who was trying to act in his own best interests. Berk.

rouchie

Rising Star
Worked out well for him. At least the penalty he missed on Sunday wasn’t an important one like the Colombia shootout. I just hope it was a bit of a wake up call. That wasn’t the work of a captain thinking about the team, that was someone who was trying to act in his own best interests. Berk.
I hope the players will just follow tthe managers instructions and the designated penalty take takes the penalty and not some one who just fancies it! Calvert-Lewins face said it all after