Benchmark Results Leaderboard

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Hmm, it'll be good for a laugh.
Running a 3DMark on this machine and posting the result 😆

What's the reason for Fire Strike or Time Spy?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hmm, it'll be good for a laugh.
Running a 3DMark on this machine and posting the result 😆

What's the reason for Fire Strike or Time Spy?
They test different aspects of the build, I believe off the top of my head Fire Strike is more CPU intensive and Time Spy is more GPU intensive so you can get good information running those two

BT81

Enthusiast
Changed the 3600x to a 5600x
And...from a TimeSpy perspective at least. Not much change

More of a change on FireStrike
Started with a 3600x CPU, 3070 and NZXT 511 case

Now on a 5600x, 3080 and Corsair 4000d case

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
With a 3070 to a 3080, Time Spy went from 12,376 to 14,860. A score increase of 2,484 or 20.1%
And with Fire Strike, 28,338 to 32,530. A score increase of 4,192 or 14.5%
I don't know how those compare, are they about right for that gpu upgrade?

And you haven't said what your 3600x, with the 3070(?) scores were??

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Well. I just ran a Fire Strike Benchmark test on this computer.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Time Spy is DX12, I'm still on DX11, so no go I think
AMD FX8300, Nvidia GForce GTX 750 Ti.

My Fire Strike score is 4,188.
Which it says is good for a GTX 750 Ti 😁

Graphics score - 4,713
Physics Score - 6,446
Combined Score - 1,774
How that works out to a Fire Strike score of 4,188 I don't know.

I ran a Fire Strike Stress test as well, which said 99% frame rate stability. Which seems pretty good to me.
So when I'm playing Days Gone, and it stutters a bit. It's because my rig is too old and slow, not because there's a problem with it, or with the game. That's actually quite nice to know, peace of mind kind of thing

Last edited:

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Ahem.... links? @SimonPeters116 :p

We can actually tell how it's performing from the data in the result. Need the links though.

Hardware monitoring was disabled.
But in settings for 3DMark, hardware monitoring is enabled. So I don't know why it says disabled

Last edited:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Hardware monitoring was disabled.
But in settings for 3DMark, hardware monitoring is enabled. So I don't know why it says disabled
Honestly your Timespy score suggests there maybe something fishy, might be worth playing around with it and your settings to see if something is up

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
What should I try playing around with?
What would I be looking for to show 'what's up'?
First thing I'd do is make sure all the drivers are up to date, then I'd check to make sure there is nothing else running while running the benchmark

After that I'd start tweaking the graphical settings themselves, make sure something like Vsync isn't turned as that limits maximum frame rates. Then I'd start adjusting the more graphically demanding settings to see if one of those could be causing an issue

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Had an issue this morning where the BIOS screen would flash up for a second before disappearing and booting into W11 normally.

Tried restarting a few times and it probably did it once every 3 boots...strange...and fans were going a bit wild whilst sitting at the desktop.

Anyway, restarted into BIOS and noticed my memory had changed to 2100MHz instead of 3600MHz, and the built in Armory Crate installer had turned itself back on.

Decided to leave it like that for a minute and do quick Geekbench 5 benchmarks.

Line 1 is after fixing memory and refreshing iCUE fan curves (and closing iCUE)
Line 2 is is after fixing memory and having iCUE open to see temps/fan speeds
Line 3 is with the 'reset' BIOS settings
Line 4 is from last year

Lines 1-3 were done within 30 minutes of each other, and about a week after the latest W11 update (which strangely still seems to be 21H2).
Line 4 was also with W11, but I can't remember what specific version (latest a at March 2022).

Screenshot 2023-02-27 171514.png

Really shows what a difference a little tweak/fix can have (in a synthetic benchmark). Looks like I've dropped some points, so obviously need a 7950X3D (and whole new system to go with it) ;)

...and just realised Geekbench 6 is out

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It shouldn't make too much of a difference but I do notice differences in benchmarks from used systems compared to fresh installs. My guess is that the latter scores were on a fresher/cleaner install?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Performance has been fine, and it was only the odd BIOS screens that prompted me to see what had been reset. Glad I did, otherwise Hogwarts Legacy would have become 'choppy' again :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for posting. I find it interesting that the Timespy score for your 7950x is the same as mine for a 7800x3D...either TS can't fully utilise a CPU or it points to the strength of the 7800x3D. Will gave to try Firestrike to see (have been meaning to do it but haven't got round to it)
Any gaming load will benefit heavily from the 3d VCache on the X3D chips, thats what makes them so good only for gaming at the price point.

TimeSpy is a game bench so would heavily favour the 7800X3D