best 1440p Black Friday drop?

Universe

paired with a 3070, which of these is "overall" better? trying to avoid curved (ik some below are) around £300/max £350 no UW

DELL S2721DGFA Quad HD 27" - £299
LG UltraGear 27GP850 27" - £299
ASUS TUF VG27AQ1A 27" - £279
Samsung Odyssey G5 - £235
Samsung Odyssey G50A - £299
MSI Optix MAG272CQR - £299
ASUS ROG Strix XG27WQ - £399

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
We're big fans of the Samsung G5 here... Well @Martinr36 definitely is 😂 And £279 for the ASUS TUF monitor is a fantastic deal, 1440p IPS for less than £300 is insane. I've heard good things about Dell panels too. Less clued up on the rest of them, although I'm sure a good Hardware Unboxed review will get you up to speed (y)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
paired with a 3070, which of these is "overall" better? trying to avoid curved (ik some below are) around £300/max £350 no UW

DELL S2721DGFA Quad HD 27" - £299
LG UltraGear 27GP850 27" - £299
ASUS TUF VG27AQ1A 27" - £279
Samsung Odyssey G5 - £235
Samsung Odyssey G50A - £299
MSI Optix MAG272CQR - £299
ASUS ROG Strix XG27WQ - £399
I'd go for the LG Ultragear of the Asus Tuf out of those.

Last edited:

Universe

I'd go for the LG Ultragear of the Asus Tuf out of those.
thanks buddy, think i will go for the LG reddit say the dell is slightly better than the lg build wise (dont care for the swivel/portrait) any thoughts? if you have a different suggestion i didn't list feel free i check it out :)

RichLan564

Bright Spark
thanks buddy, think i will go for the LG reddit say the dell is slightly better than the lg build wise (dont care for the swivel/portrait) any thoughts? if you have a different suggestion i didn't list feel free i check it out :)
I have the LG 27GL850 so a few versions before the GP, very happy with it, I would buy another one tomorrow if i had to

DarTon

I bought a Dell S2721DGFA for one of the kids. I'd go for it over the LG UltraGear 27GP850 at a flat spread. It's the same nano-IPS LG panel as the 27GP850. The Dell has the advantage of a longer warranty over the LG, better build quality and superior reflection handling.
Hardware Unboxed consider the Dell one of the best 27" 1440p monitors. I'd admit though I like Dell monitors, having had great experiences with them over the last 25 years or so. Most on this forum though seem not to like them.

Between the Dell and the Asus TUF VG27AQ1A at a £20 difference in favour of the Asus, I might go for the Asus.

Frankly, though any of those three are excellent for the price.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I bought a Dell S2721DGFA for one of the kids. I'd go for it over the LG UltraGear 27GP850 at a flat spread. It's the same nano-IPS LG panel as the 27GP850. The Dell has the advantage of a longer warranty over the LG, better build quality and superior reflection handling.
Hardware Unboxed consider the Dell one of the best 27" 1440p monitors. I'd admit though I like Dell monitors, having had great experiences with them over the last 25 years or so. Most on this forum though seem not to like them.

Between the Dell and the Asus TUF VG27AQ1A at a £20 difference in favour of the Asus, I might go for the Asus.

I'm a big Dell fan, I have the early version of that model, the littler cousin, the S2716DG, and I had a Dell before this one also. They've always been strong monitors.

RichLan564

Bright Spark

I looked at the Dell as i could get a decent discount through work but in the end i went LG over Dell as the the Dell has no sRGB mode, not a problem if you are only gaming but for video and picture editing sRGB is a must IMHO, the colours are far too vivid without it and can end up looking weird, especially if you are colour grading grading video etc.