Best All in one pc to buy?

Roders1979

Hello I am looking to buy a new all in one pc for home use. Which one would you recommend? I love searching the web, watching films and tv, listening to music, talking to friends on zoom and social media networks. I do use Microsoft Windows office packaging Word and Excel. I’m looking at 24-27 inch pc. Thank you if you can help me

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Hello I am looking to buy a new all in one pc for home use. Which one would you recommend? I love searching the web, watching films and tv, listening to music, talking to friends on zoom and social media networks. I do use Microsoft Windows office packaging Word and Excel. I’m looking at 24-27 inch pc. Thank you if you can help me
Hello, and welcome to the forum! I’ll start with a big fat opinion: I personally don’t like all in one computers, mainly because if something ever goes wrong, it’s a much more difficult proposition to fix. There’s also limited progression, what you see is what you get and there’s little room to upgrade in future. Wherever possible, a unit separate from the monitor is the recommended way to go. Would you be opposed to a small form PC and having a little box sat on or under your desk? Or is the all in one factor a deal breaker?

You’ve already given us a great description of your system uses, but I just want to check... do you do any gaming and/or video or photo editing?

If you let us know your thoughts and your budget, we’ll come up with a suitable build for you.

D

Deleted member 17413

Whats your budget?
I think All In One's follow a similar principle to laptops... go for the highest spec you can get for GPU/screen etc
Im pretty sure they cant really be upgraded.

Looking at the PCS selection, 27" vanguard is probably the way to go, rest all seem to be integrated graphics (which to be fair, should be totally fine if you never touch a single game or anything) but I would want something thats got a bit of power behind it so I had options.

But, its all down to budget.

Any particular reason why an All In One?

D

Deleted member 17413

Hello, and welcome to the forum! I’ll start with a big fat opinion: I personally don’t like all in one computers, mainly because if something ever goes wrong, it’s a much more difficult proposition to fix. There’s also limited progression, what you see is what you get and there’s little room to upgrade in future. Wherever possible, a unit separate from the monitor is the recommended way to go. Would you be opposed to a small form PC and having a little box sat on or under your desk? Or is the all in one factor a deal breaker?

You’ve already given us a great description of your system uses, but I just want to check... do you do any gaming and/or video or photo editing?

If you let us know your thoughts and your budget, we’ll come up with a suitable build for you.
Im getting slow .... beat me to it

Roders1979

I haven’t got a budget really, anything upto £2000. I thought all in one pc’s where the better ones. I do like photo editing, not into gaming

that’s fine I thought all in one pc’s was the ones to get. I use to have pc with box underneath the desk about 20 years ago. Don’t do any gaming but I would do video or photo editing. Regarding budget anything upto £2000.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I haven’t got a budget really, anything upto £2000. I thought all in one pc’s where the better ones. I do like photo editing, not into gaming

that’s fine I thought all in one pc’s was the ones to get. I use to have pc with box underneath the desk about 20 years ago. Don’t do any gaming but I would do video or photo editing. Regarding budget anything upto £2000.
All in ones sacrifice a lot of performance to keep temps down within the confined space. They’re also far more expensive for the lower performance.

Don’t get an AIO computer. If you do not game, it really depends how much editing you really want to do. Rendering can be much faster with a good GPU but I wouldn’t say chasing after a 3090 and i9 or anything would be worth it unless you are working professionally and need as much power as possible.

Maybe I’m mistaken but honestly for your use case, sounds like a basic office computer would suit you.