Best Basslines Ever?

rouchie

Rising Star
My friend split from his wife when this was out, it was messy and she was with some one else, so he taped this song, on repeat to a cassette and put it in her car tape player (oh this ages me so badly!) I was so proud of him!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The original was played by Herbie Flowers, who wrote Grandad for Clive Dunn, along with lots of session jobs & touring bands.
This post above is a good opportunity for a shout out for the unsung session heroes who you will have heard on hundreds of songs but might never have actually known who they are by name. Herbie played on albums by David Bowie, Elton John, George Harrison, Nilsson, Cat Stevens and many more.

My unsung hero award would go to Carol Kaye, just have a quick look at her selected discography on Wikipedia to see some of her more well known work, she’s played some amazing bass on literally thousands of songs.

Stephen M

Author Level
There are loads of great session players who do not get the credit they deserve, one of my favourites is Duck Dunn, not only a fantastic player but had one of the best lines in the Blues Brothers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_"Duck"_Dunn

The band in the Blues Brothers film was made up of most/possibly all of Booker T and the MGs, they were all sessions guys and putting together their collective discography would be some task, although very interesting.