Best cable management tips?

TomBerry

Bright Spark
As you'll be able to tell from the photos below, I need some advice on cable management...
I know about a bracket for the surge protector which I'm going to get, but what do you guys recommend for all the loose cables? Do I drill them in somewhere to my desk with clips, or zip tie them etc? Not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated!

cable2.jpg

cable3.jpg

cable1.jpg

(I'm aware it needs a good dusting ;) )

Last edited:

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Cable management...time to call on @AgentCooper if he hasnt already fainted from looking at it

But not just the cables......the dust......
I'm gonna take it all on in one big battle once my new PC gets here, that's why I'm not too fussed of doing anything right away. Once I've got the new PC on my desk I'll be individually sorting every cable and cleaning it all, just need to know what to do with the cables from that point on though!

Bhuna50

Author Level
Most cables run alongside each other so buy cable ties and tie them together.

try to run them down the back and behind the monitor stand, etc so they are hidden - even cable tie the cable ties to something so it keeps them in place.

Cable clips / runners / skirting board that hides cables etc are all suggestions that could be made.

Cordless mouse / keyboard gets rid of two cables :D

Cordless headset another one :D

You seem to have a lot of plugs for just a PC and monitor so I assume you have a lot of other things there requiring plugging in? Work out what you can move to another room LOL :D :D LOL

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Most cables run alongside each other so buy cable ties and tie them together.

try to run them down the back and behind the monitor stand, etc so they are hidden - even cable tie the cable ties to something so it keeps them in place.

Cable clips / runners / skirting board that hides cables etc are all suggestions that could be made.

Cordless mouse / keyboard gets rid of two cables :D

Cordless headset another one :D

You seem to have a lot of plugs for just a PC and monitor so I assume you have a lot of other things there requiring plugging in? Work out what you can move to another room LOL :D :D LOL
Don't think I could go with wireless peripherals, would be sick of charging them all the time :LOL: I have two monitors, webcam, audio interface, a fan, the lot! Guess I could remove some of it 🤔

Will definitely have to run the wires down the back of the monitor though, good shout. My desk in general needs a good wipeout to be honest...gotta start somewhere!

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster
As you'll be able to tell from the photos below, I need some advice on cable management...
I know about a bracket for the surge protector which I'm going to get, but what do you guys recommend for all the loose cables? Do I drill them in somewhere to my desk with clips, or zip tie them etc? Not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated!

View attachment 25882

View attachment 25883

View attachment 25881

(I'm aware it needs a good dusting ;) )
Lots and lots of cable ties helped me :)

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Don't think I could go with wireless peripherals, would be sick of charging them all the time :LOL: I have two monitors, webcam, audio interface, a fan, the lot! Guess I could remove some of it 🤔

Will definitely have to run the wires down the back of the monitor though, good shout. My desk in general needs a good wipeout to be honest...gotta start somewhere!
Wireless fans are a great shout though to save on one cable. Can get tiring though constantly pushing them around.