BEST CASE FORMAT FOR A SYSTEM WITH 240MM CPU CLOSED LOOP COOLER AND 240MM GPU COOLER

GlynL

HI

I am considering ordering a high end gaming PC from yourselves. I am into flight simulation in VR specifically DCS World. It is very demanding on graphics and in particular the CPU. Unfortunately like a lot of sims it doesn't use all the cores primarily two so CPU speed is important. Also 32 gigs of the fastest RAM 3200? plus a fast SSD and of course a great power supply for steady overclocking.

I already have the graphics card to be used on my current system, (which is based on a I7 5930K at 4.5 ghz), this is the Gygabyte Aorus 2080ti xtreme waterforce. ( This has a closed loop 240mm rad and fans. length of tubes about 350mm) I will put this in the new system when I get it.

So the question is which would be the most suitable case you have, the system layout and ventilation logic ( rad location and pushing or pulling etc) for the new system on the basis I will need good cooling on both the CPU (240mm rad) and GPU cooler rad. I will obviously want to over clock so cooling will be essential. Also which would be the best closed loop cooler for the I9900k for this purpose. I will probably be going for the hero motherboard.

I didn't want to go for the full liquid solution as currently have the closed loop GPU already as above.

Thanks for your help on this. Apart from the query any comments on the system generally based on my needs set out above would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Glyn

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would go with the Corsair 540 if it's still available. Or the 740 if you're OK with the larger size. They are both amazing with airflow and offer plenty of mounting options for dual AIO coolers.

I would recommend having a look at the 9700k chip over the 9900 though. You aren't going to put the hyperthreading to good use and it'll allow you to take the OC a little further without turning the chip into an oven.

To get the most out of the system, from the stock options, you want the h115i. I would give them a call and see if you can use the H115 RGB Platinum though. It's a better cooler overall.

GlynL

I would go with the Corsair 540 if it's still available. Or the 740 if you're OK with the larger size. They are both amazing with airflow and offer plenty of mounting options for dual AIO coolers.

I would recommend having a look at the 9700k chip over the 9900 though. You aren't going to put the hyperthreading to good use and it'll allow you to take the OC a little further without turning the chip into an oven.

To get the most out of the system, from the stock options, you want the h115i. I would give them a call and see if you can use the H115 RGB Platinum though. It's a better cooler overall.

Thanks very much Scotster will look into this