Best curved monitor for my budget and PC spec

Markina

Hi,
Super excited to receive an email this morning to say my PC is ready for dispatch... Now I need to sort a new monitor.
As you were all so helpful regarding my build spec I was wondering if you could make any recommendations, please?
I think I am looking for a 144 Hz, 27-inch curved monitor. Ideally with in-built speakers as I don't want any more draping wires than I need to have, with good height and tilt adjustment if possible. My system will be primarily used for std work stuff plus graphic/photo editing but I would like it to complement my PC build (below). Budget max £500 but less would be preferable.

CaseCOOLERMASTER MASTERCASE SL600M GAMING CASE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
down_right_arrow.gif
Partitions: 1000GB
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
down_right_arrow.gif
Partitions: 500GB, 500GB
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
down_right_arrow.gif
Partitions: 1000GB
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
External DVD/BLU-RAY Drive8x Slim USB 2.0 External DVD-RW
Memory Card ReaderUSB 3.0 EXTERNAL SD/MICRO SD CARD READER
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED LightingNONE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 2x 50cm ARGB LED Strip
Extra Case Fans3x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE
Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster® Audigy™ FX OEM
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
FirewireNONE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 2 Port IEEE 1394a Firewire PCI-E Card (2 x 6 pin)
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That graphics card is really a 1080p card which would be best suited 24" monitor. I wouldn't be looking at 27" unless you're planning to move to a 1440p GPU

In saying that a 3060Ti or a 3070 would fit nicely into that build if you can upgrade, 3060Ti for 27" or a 3070 for 34" ultrawide

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That graphics card is really a 1080p card which would be best suited 24" monitor. I wouldn't be looking at 27" unless you're planning to move to a 1440p GPU

In saying that a 3060Ti or a 3070 would fit nicely into that build if you can upgrade
Yep @Steveyg has got that bang on, with regards to inbuilt speakers, very few monitors come with them these days, if worried about wires then get some bluetooth speakers

Markina

Thanks, guys, good point about wireless speakers. Regarding the graphics card, unfortunately, not able to change the spec now however the statistic here say it is suitable for 1440p Gaming so do you mean 60Hz monitor and not 144? Sorry if being a bit dense.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah the 2060 will do 1440p 60hz on mid settings, can maybe push some of the higher settings in well optimised games. It's not going to reach 144hz though at 1440p

It's a fantastic 1080p card though, depends what you're doing with it and what you want your games to look like

Markina

Yeah the 2060 will do 1440p 60hz on mid settings, can maybe push some of the higher settings in well optimised games. It's not going to reach 144hz though at 1440p

It's a fantastic 1080p card though, depends what you're doing with it and what you want your games to look like
I'm not really gaming, photo editing so need colour to be true and watching the odd vid etc.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ah my bad I assumed gaming as it's a pretty decent gaming card. If you're not gaming at all I'm pretty sure you could go to 4K with that card without any real issues.

In fact with no gaming involved I would have recommended a completely GPU as that is overkill for photo editing.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
What uses do you have for the system? Is it for gaming? If so, what games are you looking to play?

The 2060 is a bit of an overshoot for 1080p, but it's low end 1440p. If you're playing intensive games then 1080p would suit better but if they are less intensive you can get the benefit of the 1440p loveliness.

The budget is definitely there for a very good 1440p monitor.

As suggested, I would avoid speakers in the monitor. They're either really poor or really unsightly.

Edit: All answered above.

With £500 on the cards I would go for 1440p IPS with a good colour reference for the photo editing. Acer would probably be my choice

The budget doesn't quite allow for the Dell U2720Q, which would be the go-to for high end photo editing (around £700)

Markina

What uses do you have for the system? Is it for gaming? If so, what games are you looking to play?

The 2060 is a bit of an overshoot for 1080p, but it's low end 1440p. If you're playing intensive games then 1080p would suit better but if they are less intensive you can get the benefit of the 1440p loveliness.

The budget is definitely there for a very good 1440p monitor.

As suggested, I would avoid speakers in the monitor. They're either really poor or really unsightly.

Edit: All answered above.

With £500 on the cards I would go for 1440p IPS with a good colour reference for the photo editing. Acer would probably be my choice

The budget doesn't quite allow for the Dell U2720Q, which would be the go-to for high end photo editing (around £700)
Thanks, Scott, fancied a curved screen....

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Thanks, Scott, fancied a curved screen....

I don't think they are recommended for photo editing but most of the 1440p IPS panels from the likes of Samsung/Dell/Acer should have you covered. The budget you have is fair for the kit so anything around that will do the job nicely.