betavolt and potentially a new type of battery

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I saw this and haven't read up on it, so don't know how far into actual development it is. But China do have a bit of a tendency to rather overstate their achievements.

That being said, they're leading the way in Fusion technology, certainly their investment in reactors, but there's very recently been a groundbreaking achievement by a US university to actually create sustained bursts over time whereas up until now it's only ever been one burst that's then been almost impossible to cool for a meaningful amount of time

But if this is further than simply a one off, and they've got an actual design in place that can be marketed at a reasonable cost while maintaining safety, it's certainly a great step.

But give them their dues, bringing the 80's betamax back into the naming convention is a bold step, bravo!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If this is going to be like one of those flashlights/projectors that offer 1,000,000 'Chinese' lumens, when they're actually 100 ANSI lumens, then I'll stay away ;)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
In a strange way I'm thinking about Robin Williams on Golf with this one.

Describing how the game came to be by listing all the things that make it difficult, so much so when listed it sounds insane.

In this case, in my head, it's a funny and anecdotal list of why this is a very bad idea! Radiation and handheld devices doesn't have a good history.