BF3 Server!

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
Yea ok. PM me with the details and I don't mind looking after it. So long as it doesn't eat much and pee on the carpet.

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
I've opened the server up to more maps and game modes (Rush, Conquest and Squad Death Match). I've also enabled hardcore mode ;)
Still no friendly fire though.

edit: I also hope to have fixed the reserved slots but cannot test it until it's a full server.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I'm not sure the best way to get the server filled is to set it to Hardcore tbh...rather restricts your audience :)

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
I'm not sure the best way to get the server filled is to set it to Hardcore tbh...rather restricts your audience :)

Yea you are right. I really do like hardcore right now but I'll knock the server to normal mode for now. I'd like to just see a few players on as if we don't use it, we'll probably lose it.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'm on the server now, but cant play till 7 people join.

A bit of a pain if we are trying to get other players to join, simply gamers don't wanna wait.

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
I'm on the server now, but cant play till 7 people join.

A bit of a pain if we are trying to get other players to join, simply gamers don't wanna wait.

I've lowered the player start so you can at least mess around whilst you wait

rudolph93

Silver Level Poster
hmmm forgot you guys had a server. Only got bf3 for christmas, shall be on sometime if its just the normal maps :) but i am abit noob at the game (dont let me fly anything and if i do dont get in a chopper with me)

edit: gave up after gettin camped at the main spawn :(

Last edited:

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
It seemed to have died a death. I've restarted it now and it is back up but the config is back to out of the box.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
was a good set up this weekend, lol "noobs only" although there was alot of high ranking players on. Still good though!

Could we maybe get squad deathmatch on this weekend?

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
Thanks, I've been perfecting the automation of the script the past couple of days so that the server stops spamming when a player has x amount of kills left. I've been playing a fair bit on this kind of setup lately and it is pretty good fun once you get used to it and stick to the rules. Featuring the close quarters maps and tight KDR / Max kills makes it so that it isn't all about killing and working as a team to PTFO.

Sure, I can leave the server on SDM over the weekend if you like? It'll be standard SDM with no customisation though as I will be busy with the big 24 hour race. Any maps you want on or left out of the cycle?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Sure, I can leave the server on SDM over the weekend if you like? It'll be standard SDM with no customisation though as I will be busy with the big 24 hour race. Any maps you want on or left out of the cycle?

Yeah that would be great if you could gibbs.

Any chance if we could get a ban on rpg's/launchers/noob tubes? Just makes for better Infantry gameplay :)

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
Drunken Monkey, I have added all maps, including Karkhand. Let me know if this is not ok.

Tom_gr7, I've added a script that kicks anyone that uses RPGs/Rockets and Noob Tubes/Nades and set it to Infantry Only.

Hope you enjoy it - It's online as this config now. :)