Big navi 21. PCS release info?

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The aftermarket cards are due to release from the 25th, so I suspect PCS will start to get their first batch middle of next week. Let's hope it's a big delivery!

GCColes

Whereabouts does it say that?
Go to 'My Orders' and click Show. The order number for the amendment shows original text 'as ordered' the original order shows it added with the (Delivery before Xmas not guaranteed)
order.jpg

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
Do are we all hoping that AMDs Aib partners have stock . I really do hope so. It does start to get depressing waiting 🙁

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well, my estimated build date came & went yesterday...without any further notifications, and there's nothing on my order that had 'not guaranteed before Xmas' when I ordered it.

I'd normally call/email/chat with a rep, but the way it is now, I just haven't got the patience to spend a couple of hours waiting for yet another rep, from yet another company, to talk to me (spent over an hour waiting for Virgin Media yesterday, and already spent an hour this morning onto NS&I).

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Email at 10:25 today :)

Looks like mine was delayed due to having no RM850X PSU...despite it being available when PCS told me to upgrade from my 750W to 850W last week. :mad:

So, do I spend another £50 going to the HXi, £60 to go to the AX, or just another £28 and go to the RM1000X :unsure:

However, this is going to be the final change I'll be making, if it's not suitable or something else suddenly goes out of stock, then I'm out 😞

As the adverts say "When the fun stops, stop!" :(

--------------

BTW, sorry for the rants on here, but it's better to get it off my chest here than having a go at some poor support person on the phone/email/webchat.

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just a lowly 5600X with an Nvidia RTX3080 / AMD 6800XT

I believe the configurator is a bit messed up, as it said I only needed a 650W PSU when I built it but I put a RM750X in it instead for extra headroom.

When I changed to the 6800XT (and some other small bits like removing the extra thermal paste and the RGB strips, and reconfiguring the RAM) the configurator again reminded me that I was over-speccing the PSU and only needed 558W (so a 650W PSU). I left it at the 750.

Some of those below are changes to config simply based on new items becoming available (Zen 3 CPU + 6000 GPU, but in both cases I ordered as soon as the configurator changed to allow it), others are driven by items being out of stock and being upgraded/changed.

2020-11-25_11-58-19.jpg

Then when I was checking my order page, I noticed a red banner/text telling me my PSU was not powerful enough and I needed an 850W PSU - so I changed to the RM850X and paid the balance (again, notification that I was over-speccing, but I ignored it). No warning of stock issues/pre-order.

2020-11-25_11-52-47.jpg

Then I get new build estimate notification for Monday 23rd, which passes (I thought simply because the 6800XT wasn't in yet).

This morning I get 'delayed due to PSU' message - which I've just rectified by going to a RM1000X. So I'm really not hoping for another message to say the 6800XT is not available yet.

Yes, I probably should have gone for the full-fat RM10^10W Tokamak, but I didn't have the spare £2.5bn for it 🤪

Last edited:

GCColes

Email at 10:25 today :)

Looks like mine was delayed due to having no RM850X PSU...despite it being available when PCS told me to upgrade from my 750W to 850W last week. :mad:

So, do I spend another £50 going to the HXi, £60 to go to the AX, or just another £28 and go to the RM1000X :unsure:

However, this is going to be the final change I'll be making, if it's not suitable or something else suddenly goes out of stock, then I'm out 😞

As the adverts say "When the fun stops, stop!" :(

--------------

BTW, sorry for the rants on here, but it's better to get it off my chest here than having a go at some poor support person on the phone/email/webchat.
I got the same email, i ordered on 11th Nov and it was in stock, now if i want to change to the alternative 850w Corsair its extra whereas if id changed earlier it was £10 cheaper :(

DickJ

I got that email too this morning regading the 850W RMx.

"Unfortunately due to stock constraints, we are unable to get the part in stock within a reasonable time frame"

At the moment I only need about 400W so it's tempting to drop down to the 750W RMx. However, as I want the system to be future proof, I've opted for the 1,000W RMx. I don't know if they'll be much difference in power consumption. I guess it depends on the efficiency curves at percentage rated loads etc.

BT81

Enthusiast
Just a lowly 5600X with an Nvidia RTX3080 / AMD 6800XT

I believe the configurator is a bit messed up, as it said I only needed a 650W PSU when I built it but I put a RM750X in it instead for extra headroom.

When I changed to the 6800XT (and some other small bits like removing the extra thermal paste and the RGB strips, and reconfiguring the RAM) the configurator again reminded me that I was over-speccing the PSU and only needed 558W (so a 650W PSU). I left it at the 750.

View attachment 19895

Then when I was checking my order page, I noticed a red banner/text telling me my PSU was not powerful enough and I needed an 850W PSU - so I changed to the RM850X and paid the balance (again, notification that I was over-speccing, but I ignored it). No warning of stock issues/pre-order.

View attachment 19894

Then I get new build estimate notification for Monday 23rd, which passes (I thought simply because the 6800XT wasn't in yet).

This morning I get 'delayed due to PSU' message - which I've just rectified by going to a RM1000X. So I'm really not hoping for another message to say the 6800XT is not available yet.

Yes, I probably should have gone for the full-fat RM10^10W Tokamak, but I didn't have the spare £2.5bn for it 🤪
I have the 5600x as well. I just changed to the 1000rmx. The old go big or go home etc.....
But yeah about the £2.5bn. I don't want to see how much the total is, after all the changes I've made

CPU was 3600 now 5600x
Harddrive. Was 500 Samsung Evo PRo. Now 1tb
GPU. Was 3080 now 6800xt
Power. Was 750RMx now 1000RMx
Cooler. Was 115i Plat now 110i Plat

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have the 5600x as well. I just changed to the 1000rmx. The old go big or go home etc.....
But yeah about the £2.5bn. I don't want to see how much the total is, after all the changes I've made

CPU was 3600 now 5600x
Harddrive. Was 500 Samsung Evo PRo. Now 1tb
GPU. Was 3080 now 6800xt
Power. Was 750RMx now 1000RMx
Cooler. Was 115i Plat now 110i Plat
I don't know if there is an easy way to see a total 'total', as my bottom-line order lists all the changes (or the last relevant change anyway), but the total cost seems to be the same as when I originally ordered it.

If I add up all the debits/credits it comes to about another £200 (+£47+£27+£32+£67-£11+£10+£28)

So close to a £2400 machine in the end - but work will be paying for a small portion of it...if it's delivered/operational before the end of the year (which in my case is classed as 18-Dec for budget purposes).

Case CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT Six Core CPU (4.5GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 16GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6800 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12 (Delivery before Xmas not guaranteed)
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 4TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 2500MB/W)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor CoolingCorsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
Operating SystemWindows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Keyboard & MouseCorsair Gaming K70 Rapidfire Mechanical KB - Cherry MX Speed
MouseCORSAIR WIRELESS MOUSE IRONCLAW RGB
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Build TimeStandard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Promotional ItemGet FarCry 6 with select AMD Ryzen CPUs
Promotional ItemGet CoD:Cold War & 1YR GeForce Now w/ select RTX Graphics Cards
Promotional ItemGet Assassin's Creed: Valhalla with select SAMSUNG SSDs!

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Trouble is there are idiots out there who have more money than sense and aren't patient that will pay that, theres a lot to be said for the moral "Good things come to those who wait"
Well, I'm not very patient, but I'm not that stupid!

It's not even worth reporting them (on eBay or Amazon) as there's no lasting sanctions on a dodgy/opportunist seller.