Big navi 21. PCS release info?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Great News. Photo's damn it! (when it arrives)
Will do, once I've done a bit of cleaning/reorganising of my 'office/gamesroom/study' from this...

IMG_4088.jpg

ETA: just had dispatch notification (and a load of emails for free games COD:Cold War, AC:Valhalla, FarCry6 + GeForce Now + warning of how NOT to connect your monitor to the motherboard)

Haven't been this excited since my first prostate exam 🖕

Last edited:

GCColes

Spoke to CS today, just waiting on the PSU arriving on 5/12 and my PC should move to build from pre production, I am also waiting on a 5600x but they said i will be allocated based on queue position and number expected. They couldnt tell me based on queue position whether i had been allocated a rx6800xt though, fingers crossed

Mike-

What was your queue position and what time did you order?

The last 2 things I'm waiting on are CPU and GPU.

I just got off chat and they told me I am 19th of 212 for the 6800XT and 69th of 528 for the 5900X.

GCColes

Queue position for the 5600x is 36 and for the 6800xt 24, order time was 14.01 i think, dont really remember

Mike-

I see. Hopefully not long for either of us then, but based on my queue position and how quick I ordered, I'm not sure they have received any 6800XT at all. Unfortunately, the person on chat said they don't have access to how many they have received to date :(.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Spoke to PCS and it looks like they are looking to get in XFX RX-TMATFD8(RX6800XT) to arrive sometime this month, which is reference model for those who are allocated to it. I'm in the middle of the RX6800XT queue at 120 so unlikely to get it for my pc build which is only a GPU left to move on to building stage.

balthazar

Spoke to PCS and it looks like they are looking to get in XFX RX-TMATFD8(RX6800XT) to arrive sometime this month, which is reference model for those who are allocated to it. I'm in the middle of the RX6800XT queue at 120 so unlikely to get it for my pc build which is only a GPU left to move on to building stage.
Stupid question how would I find out where I am in the queue?

GCColes

XFX was mentioned when I asked last week but couldn't tell me if it was reference design or AIB, I assume reference

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Stupid question how would I find out where I am in the queue?
Ask the sales team over the phone and ask for your rx6800(xt) queue number or any other components that you build is waiting on. Or else you could ask for general build queue number, but it can be misleading as there may be other in front of you that could be missing specific components too

GCColes

The xfx product number RX-68TMATFD8 the sales team had given to me today matches the one on the xfx website as reference version. The AIB xfx Merc 319 product code is RX-68XTACBD9
That's what I'd been looking for, found it now, Google didn't turn anything up but finally digging on the XFX site I found their reference model with the part number you were quoted, thanks

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Open it Open it Open it! What you waiting for? Why haven't you opened it already ;-)
I did, but the photos aren't/weren't showing up....now inserted as clickable thumbnails instead.

I'm really liking the stealth/off mode broodiness - seems a pity to turn it on and make it a 2nd hand machine ;)

Last edited:

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
so just finished talking with online chat , after a little can you check!? it looks like my build is going forward in the next couple of days.
i ended up changing my cpu 5900x to 5800x and gpu to 3070 ( then after a huge amount of research and soul searching ) changed to the RX 6800 , now as i am running a Samsung G7 monitor and until i can afford a 4k monitor i am happy with these changes. it did mean with savings i upgraded to 36gb of ram instead of 16 gb .

So now according to the person i just spoke with its just a system update to tell me when my build will start etc.

they said the nest few days and i have SS the lot so hopefully this is all getting to the end now.