Big navi 21. PCS release info?

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
Did you change to the 3070 or from the 3070 ?
From a 3070 to the rx 6800 . I spent a long time doing research. LTT , Jayztwocents, LTT forums . Gamer meld plus many others too. I know the raytracing is no where near Nvidia but i can live with that atm. Plus system can always be upgraded in the future if i so choose too.

balthazar

From a 3070 to the rx 6800 . I spent a long time doing research. LTT , Jayztwocents, LTT forums . Gamer meld plus many others too. I know the raytracing is no where near Nvidia but i can live with that atm. Plus system can always be upgraded in the future if i so choose too.
I did the research as well. Ray tracing isn't as good as Nvidia but Nvidia have also been working on it alot longer. I'm waiting on the 6800 xt and 5800x for my build I have no idea how long I will be waiting but I'm hoping its before Mid Jan!

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
So just benchmarked my laptop . 1 for a laugh 2. To see how far ahead my new pc will be when I finally get it lol. score was 2284 . on a side note how do i upload a pic? seems file is too large. trying to work out how to downsize it atm

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
I have bad news for anyone trying to get the 6800 XT after asking about it on the live chat with a support rep.
PCS didn't receive ANY of these cards at all, and have no idea when they will receive any, but it won't be before Christmas most likely.
After doing a bit of research it seems like Europe basically got no AIB cards for the RX 6800 XT for some reason.

Here's a snippet from the chat for anyone interested:

K
4:46 PM
did you receive any 6800 XT cards in at all? are ye waiting for the first shipment in?
S
4:47 PM
We didnt
K
Okay. Could I ask which of the new Nvidia and AMD cards you do have in stock right now?
S
4:48 PM
Of the newer series we literally only have the 3060 Ti
K
4:50 PM
Okay. That's not going to be powerful enough for me. If I swapped to a RTX 3080, 3090 or RX 6800, which one of these could I get before Christmas?
S
4:54 PM
Unlikely to be any of those sadly

Mike-

I have bad news for anyone trying to get the 6800 XT after asking about it on the live chat with a support rep.
PCS didn't receive ANY of these cards at all, and have no idea when they will receive any, but it won't be before Christmas most likely.
After doing a bit of research it seems like Europe basically got no AIB cards for the RX 6800 XT for some reason.

K
did you receive any 6800 XT cards in at all? are ye waiting for the first shipment in?
S
We didnt
K
Okay. Could I ask which of the new Nvidia and AMD cards you do have in stock right now?
S
K
Okay. That's not going to be powerful enough for me. If I swapped to a RTX 3080, 3090 or RX 6800, which one of these could I get before Christmas?
S
I have had similar info from them as well. The CSR said they expected shipments on 1 and 2 of Dec, but neither turned up.

Tbh, it's pretty poor from them. I obviously understand delays happen, but they shouldn't guarantee Xmas delivery, unless they can, you know, guarantee it.

The thing that frustrates me the most is the lack of transparency regarding your order. You throw 2k+ at them and they don't keep you in the loop on your order status, forcing you to chase them instead...

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
20201203_174210.jpg
Screenshot_20201203-173929_Gmail.jpg

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
The image link in the chat was a pic of the items being in stock when I placed the alterations. It was also green for the 6800 I changed too.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster

K
S
We didnt
K
S
K
S
Sorry to hear the not so good news, maybe best to keep a lookout online to see if any gpu may be available to purchase soon so they can dispatch pc early I'm even looking into rtx option too

GCColes

I assume they got at least one 6800xt card in, granted this specific example is for a competition/promotion and probably not indicative of them having received a quantity of stock

EDIT: I have of course entered

Last edited:

Mike-

I assume they got at least one 6800xt card in, granted this specific example is for a competition/promotion and probably not indicative of them having received a quantity of stock

EDIT: I have of course entered

Anyone else insulted by this? 🤣🤣

By all means do a giveaway when you can supply paying customers their orders. Smh

balthazar

All this goes to prove that companies don't actually care who buys the stock - as long as the stock gets sold. This is the modern MaaS in the world we live in (malware as a service). Its nothing that we can influence so why worry about it?

When I placed my order about 9 days ago the rx 6800 xt was not gauranteed before xmas - now its pre-order. The ryzen 7 5800x was not pre-order but it was the day later. Its annoying that I have to wait for the new rig - my old one literally burnt out gpu - but Am spending my time doing other things.

There's always a silver lining - the stock will come, sooner or later :)

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
I got an email response saying the same as the live chat. So looks like all components are in for my build , just needs updating on system. So fingers crossed it will be soon.
Great news!. Hope you post some pics too when you get it