Big navi 21. PCS release info?

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
I have been watching this thread so I thought I would let you know my story on this so some of you can maybe make an informed decision.

I ordered a 6800 xt on November the 19th a day after preorders went live. I did this as an upgrade for the PC I got though PCS earlier in the year (2020). Up until Monday I was (like everyone else) still waiting.

Now from what I could work out I was possibly somewhere in the 100-200 place in the queue. I couldn't get an exact position because it was an upgrade. But looking at the forum and the amount of people that ordered on the nose of release day and a few days after my order there being about 250 people waiting I consider that an educated guess.

So I saw on Monday that the 6900 xt was in stock and while the card is not worth the money from a purely money to performance scale, I do play at 4k and what with lockdown and everything I thought, what the hell. So I called up to ask about switching.

After 2 hours on hold I got through and they told me the 6900 xt was over sold by 7 units. But If I did switch I would be position 7 in the queue. So I asked about how many people are waiting on the 6800 xt. There were at the time 550~ in that queue. I then asked how many stock they had received since launch. 30. Just 30 units. Ouch. I asked how many 6900 xts they had had, over 80. So I made the switch. They must have got stock in the next day because a 6900 xt was on its way to me the next day and is now in my PC.

And those wondering on its performance:

this is with a Ryzen 5 3600 and 32 gig of ram.

Cyberpunk 2077: even maxed out at 4k it cant keep 60 fps but that game is a mess. However a few tweaks and its basically 60 fps 4k upscaled from about 1700p with almost every setting on max. No ray tracing of course as the game does not support it on AMD yet.

Borderlands 3 / assassins creed odyssey in game benchmarks
4k max settings over 60fps

control with ray tracing reflections on, everything else on high
1440p 50-60 fps
Ray tracing off its easily 60 fps at 1440p
4k Ray tracing on - 20-25 fps
4k Ray tracing off - 50-60 fps

Metro exodus
1440p high setting ray tracing on high - 60 fps solid so far
4k no ray tracing is 60fps. ray tracing on it plummets to the 30's

COD warzone
4k max - 60 fps

So if you want to play as many games in 4k as you can it might actually be worth pushing to the 6900 as its such a crazy resolution but in all honesty, only do it if you have the money spare.

For the sake of ray tracing I really hope their solution to DLSS arrives soon but also 1440p still looks great so dropping to that for the few games that its worth using Ray tracing on is fine for now.
30 6800 XT's since launch, yikes. :eek: Not looking too good for us waiting on it!

What model 6900 XT did you get by the way, was it the reference AMD card, or a partner model?

Genome

Bronze Level Poster
30 6800 XT's since launch, yikes. :eek: Not looking too good for us waiting on it!

What model 6900 XT did you get by the way, was it the reference AMD card, or a partner model?
its XFX but its identical to the reference design. So i guess they just slapped their logo on it lol.

Genome

Bronze Level Poster
Oh really, it's not the Merc 319 model?
Would you mind posting a photo? I'm curious! :p
Sure. I would be surprised if it was the Merc as that would be even more expensive as its a boosted version of the card I believe.

6900xt.jpg

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Sure. I would be surprised if it was the Merc as that would be even more expensive as its a boosted version of the card I believe.

View attachment 21133
Interesting.. that does look just like the reference card.
You're right, the XFX merc 319 does have an overclock and upgraded cooler and is considerably longer than the reference design.
One person here did receive the merc 319 6800 XT but I haven't seen anyone receive it for the 6900 XT (they told me on the phone before Christmas that they did have some of these in stock).
Here it is for comparison:
1610019075677.png

Genome

Bronze Level Poster
Interesting.. that does look just like the reference card.
You're right, the XFX merc 319 does have an overclock and upgraded cooler and is considerably longer than the reference design.
One person here did receive the merc 319 6800 XT but I haven't seen anyone receive it for the 6900 XT (they told me on the phone before Christmas that they did have some of these in stock).
Here it is for comparison:
View attachment 21134
well i guess its possibly a bit of pot luck involved. When I ordered the 6800xt originally i was able to order it for close to RRP on here. Later that price went up I noticed. So the original price was prob based on reference. They then prob realized they wouldn't get any reference cards and updated to price to match the merc model. Who knows. Prob sending what ever they get sent at this point.

the reference style is what I expected here considering I paid roughly RRP for the card.

Jco0py

Hey guys, been watching this page for a while, so it's only right I update you.

Ordered my 6800XT on release day 18/11 at 14:40pm. Today got an email stating my PC has been built and another one about 2 hours later informing its now in testing.

Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but may give you an idea of waiting times?

Jay

Last edited:

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Hey guys, been watching this page for a while, so it's only right I update you.

Ordered my 6800XT on release day 18/11 at 14:40pm. Today got an email stating my PC has been built and another one about 2 hours later informing its now in testing.

Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but may give you an idea of waiting times?

Jay
Good to hear. Is the 18th Nov your original order date? What CPU did you get with that?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Genuinely never anticipated waiting this long, I thought ordering 40mins after release, ild have it by Xmas.

Got an email earlier, saying it’s coming Monday, so really quick turn around when it is in stock
Man, well done for your patience!

nebneb

Ordered Nov 18th - 6800 XT with a 5800 CPU. On day 39 and still waiting to go into build, just to give an update for anyone with a similar build.

GCColes

One person here did receive the merc 319 6800 XT
I received a Merc 319 having ordered the 6800XT however i feel it was down to luck and lack of availability of any card. The fit is quite tight in the case (275R Airflow) but still about an inch from the end of the card and the front cooling fans. The card performs well and is very quiet.

balthazar

Ordered Nov 18th - 6800 XT with a 5800 CPU. On day 39 and still waiting to go into build, just to give an update for anyone with a similar build.
I have the same processor and GPU and was dispatched today. What other components did you have?

nebneb

I have the same processor and GPU and was dispatched today. What other components did you have?

If yours is a similar date, that does make be a lot more hopeful!

Case
PCS PRISM-X RGB MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
16GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6800 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
1st Storage Drive
1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Last edited:

balthazar

If yours is a similar date, that does make be a lot more hopeful!

Case
PCS PRISM-X RGB MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
16GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6800 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
1st Storage Drive
1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Date the same, only our cpu and gpu match though. Might be worth finding out if anything else is out of stock for you