Bigfoot Killer 2100 PCI-E Gigabit LAN Cards Now Available!

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
That's a shame, using cables isn't really an option for me so I'll just have to look out for something similar which is for wireless connections then.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
A standard wireless card should suffice, I don't believe there are any gaming wifi cards available...yet.

Sleinous

Author Level
I love how useless this would be for me :p

I have a 108mbps card yet I receive...oh...wait...5mbps loool. No idea why they keep racing ahead to release faster cards when our ISPs don't even use a tenth of the capability of the card yet. Even in the fastest country you don't get 108mbps lool.

DSN

Enthusiast
Personally I think these things are a huge gimmik.

Unless you are attending LAN party's with 200+ people, and even then your going to save a 1ms off your ping.

There are a lot of reviews with 2 cloned systems. 1 running the KNIC and one using the on board. The pings area ll the same. So is the game quality.

Id love for someone to show me any solid tests or benches where these cards actually help in the real world.

DSN

Enthusiast
I love how useless this would be for me :p

I have a 108mbps card yet I receive...oh...wait...5mbps loool. No idea why they keep racing ahead to release faster cards when our ISPs don't even use a tenth of the capability of the card yet. Even in the fastest country you don't get 108mbps lool.

In Tokyo you get a 100Mb connection in your hotel :D

Sleinous

Author Level
In Tokyo you get a 100Mb connection in your hotel :D

Ye, and in UK theyre like, ooh BT is doing Infinity. I looked up my local exchange, yeah we have not 1... not 2... but like 13 votes... out of 1000s... yeah great. We will really be next in line for fibre lol.