billy connolly and tom cruise on parkinson in 2004

• Thread starter Deleted member 41971
  • Start date

rouchie

Rising Star
Saw that again recently, Love the big yin, I think he would have anyone curling up with laughter, and he always showed his quality on the parkinson show

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
that time Michael Parkinson in 2004 interviewed billy Connolly with tom cruise, hilarious and tom cruise looked to be a having a great time for once :LOL:

He really is amazing, Connolly that is, not that I’ve got anything against cruise, but Connolly is just a legend

slimbob

Enthusiast
The amazing thing about Billy is he once said in an interview I saw that he never wrote material down he just had key points in his head and went from there on stage so each performance was not scripted. He said if he wrote it down it ruined the material and he wanted it to come out fresh and not rehearsed on the night.

So sad to see that Billy has retired from stand up due to Parkinson's but he has left such a legacy and an incredible body of work. He really was a natural. :)

rouchie

Rising Star
The amazing thing about Billy is he once said in an interview I saw that he never wrote material down he just had key points in his head and went from there on stage so each performance was not scripted. He said if he wrote it down it ruined the material and he wanted it to come out fresh and not rehearsed on the night.

So sad to see that Billy has retired from stand up due to Parkinson's but he has left such a legacy and an incredible body of work. He really was a natural. :)
I used to love the way he would meander in a story veering off on liittle anecdotes until eventually getting back on to the original topic and a killer punchline/observation

slimbob

Enthusiast
I used to love the way he would meander in a story veering off on liittle anecdotes until eventually getting back on to the original topic and a killer punchline/observation
Yea me too! He had us in the palm of his hand the whole time, I don't think you can learn that, you either have it or you don't. :)