BIOS help please.

stevencao

HI, I bought a used Defiance IV 17 ( i7-8750H @ 2.2Ghz, 32GB, GTX1700 8GB).
seller forgot the BIOS password.

Is there anyway to reset or check the password? i need to change some setting about the PCIe M.2 SSD added recently.
I tried to boot with a USB bootable CD, clicked F2 or F7 key. it both show password input, won't let me choose to boot from CD or harddrive. I also tried disconnecting all drives.

Any suggestion please.
thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
HI, I bought a used Defiance IV 17 ( i7-8750H @ 2.2Ghz, 32GB, GTX1700 8GB).
seller forgot the BIOS password.

Is there anyway to reset or check the password? i need to change some setting about the PCIe M.2 SSD added recently.
I tried to boot with a USB bootable CD, clicked F2 or F7 key. it both show password input, won't let me choose to boot from CD or harddrive. I also tried disconnecting all drives.

Any suggestion please.
thanks.
You’d have to contact the seller, there’s no method to unlock it.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Get the original buyer (your seller) to contact PCS. They may be able to help, but there will be a cost involved which IMO the seller should pay. PCS won't deal with you because you're not their customer.

Shepard

Enthusiast
I'm afraid in this case even we can't help. If the seller hasn't transferred the warranty over to you, Stevencao, we can't access the customer account or book your system in for a repair. Resetting of the BIOS password is not within our possibilities anyway (even if the seller calls).
You have to get in touch with him and - basically - make him remember the password or return it to him.