Black Friday 2021 26th November- What are you after?

DarTon

Posted in another thread but thought I'd post here too. @Martinr36 's beloved Samsung G5 is currently only £235 with early black friday deals. Absolute steal for a 1440p 144hz monitor

Last few months has seen some serious downward pressure on monitor prices. Introduction of IPS 4K fast refresh displays seems to be causing 1440p IPS displays prices to drop; that then forcing VA panel prices down. Hopeful to see some interesting discounts for Black Friday. Always in the market for another nice monitor to add to the collection.

Also looking finally to replace my decade old mouse and keyboard. Well past their sell by date. Might consider new webcam and audio speakers. I always overlook the peripherals.

I'm also in the market for a new network but can never quite decide between mesh and powerline, or mesh with powerline. Or powerline with mesh. Anyway, never seem to be able to get the Triband, wifi6 combo that quite ticks the boxes.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Last few months has seen some serious downward pressure on monitor prices. Introduction of IPS 4K fast refresh displays seems to be causing 1440p IPS displays prices to drop; that then forcing VA panel prices down. Hopeful to see some interesting discounts for Black Friday. Always in the market for another nice monitor to add to the collection.

Also looking finally to replace my decade old mouse and keyboard. Well past their sell by date. Might consider new webcam and audio speakers. I always overlook the peripherals.

I'm also in the market for a new network but can never quite decide between mesh and powerline, or mesh with powerline. Or powerline with mesh. Anyway, never seem to be able to get the Triband, wifi6 combo that quite ticks the boxes.
How many monitors do you have? They're all really good monitors over a spread of price ranges too.

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
As I`m about to get a massive repair bill for my Porsche Cayenne , I`m a bit careful this Black Friday , but I`d like to get a bigger SSD for my laptop if discounted . Probably a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB or Sabrent Rocket 2TB

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Posted in another thread but thought I'd post here too. @Martinr36 's beloved Samsung G5 is currently only £235 with early black friday deals. Absolute steal for a 1440p 144hz monitor

Awesome price no doubt, but I'll also note that the VQ27AQ1A is now down to £279 at Currys. Astonishing for a 1440p 170Hz IPS display.

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
As per my thread the other day, I’m after a new watch so will be browsing the sales for one of those. I really fancy one from the Casio G-Shock range, I’ve low key wanted one ever since watching Speed back in 1994.
A6E9500E-D86B-49CC-B3C8-5B3AEA8CED5E.png

RichLan564

Bright Spark
I'm hoping Amazon come up with the goods on some camera lenses, this one in particular:

But i also have a load of little bit and bobs in my wish list that i keep an eye on, the WD Blue M.2 500GB SATA has already dropped 11% that i have my eye on for a dedicated scratch drive to go in my M.2 PCIe card along with the WD Blue M.2 1TB NVME that's already in there

SiAdams

I am on the look out for new studio monitors. I have been using (and don’t laugh) KRK Rokits 6 for about 10 years. I am either looking for a pair of ADAM T7V or Yamaha HS7

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am on the look out for new studio monitors. I have been using (and don’t laugh) KRK Rokits 6 for about 10 years. I am either looking for a pair of ADAM T7V or Yamaha HS7
I'd kill for a pair of Adams, with the ribbon tweaters they're just sublime.

SiAdams

Yes! There only £308 for the pair on gear for music which isn’t bad considering I paid that per monitor for the KRK. I am however just going to wait, just in case.

I’m comparison to the Yamahas, what are your thoughts?

DarTon

How many monitors do you have? They're all really good monitors over a spread of price ranges too.
Embarassed to say I own 9 monitors with the current oldest being a Dell 2412M bought in late 2011 to the most recent being a Gigabyte M32U. I use 3 for my home office, the better half has got used to having 2 in her study and now the two kids got used to having two each when they were doing home schooling during COVID. It's still a cheaper addiction than fast cars ... or fast women!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes! There only £308 for the pair on gear for music which isn’t bad considering I paid that per monitor for the KRK. I am however just going to wait, just in case.

I’m comparison to the Yamahas, what are your thoughts?
I'd prefer the Adams personally, ribbon tweaters are just next level

DarTon

On the topic of monitors, the Gigabyte M32U (32", 4k, 144Hz) is down to £699.99 already at OC. Only £50 off but was only just launched.

The Dell S2721DGFA is down at £299. Same nano IPS panel as the LG Ultragear 27GP850 but with advantage of 3-year Dell panel exchange. Lowest price I'd see that for prior to this was in an earlier sale at £319.