Black Friday 2021 26th November- What are you after?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Shh.... it @AgentCooper fault
8C8553FD-4717-4ED1-BEB9-5D17DC4F8D91.gif

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I know it's not a brand that gets a lot of love on here, but Iiyama's UWQHD 144Hz screen is currently available for £329, which is an amazing price.
I have two 1080p Iiyama monitors that have served me really well for about 6 years. Iiyama are super in my book

SiAdams

I'd prefer the Adams personally, ribbon tweaters are just next level
I agree mate! For the price now I feel it’s a steel. I’ll let you know when I get them.

I’m waiting for a sale on Sonarworks as well. I have reference 4 but feel £80 to upgrade to sound ID is a bit steep as reference 4 wasn’t cheap.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I know it's not a brand that gets a lot of love on here, but Iiyama's UWQHD 144Hz screen is currently available for £329, which is an amazing price.
This is the reference system at PSAudio who do really high end hifi, look at the ribbons on those!!!

hqdefault.jpg

dani72

Silver Level Poster
One of my TV's broke a few days ago so I'm looking to get a new one. It's going to be mainly used with my PS4 (and PS5 when I eventually get one). I'm also hoping to get a new desk for my PC if I can.

BlindPleb

One of my TV's broke a few days ago so I'm looking to get a new one. It's going to be mainly used with my PS4 (and PS5 when I eventually get one). I'm also hoping to get a new desk for my PC if I can.
My friend has just made his own desk. He bought a kitchen desktop from Ikea with some screw on legs which he's temporarily using until he can find some drawers/cabinets he likes.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Last year mesh systems were quite heavily discounted at the high end, you may have some luck. If you get it at Amazon you can try it in your environment and return if it's not going to work, but mesh is like WiFi on steroids, what you think is range on WiFi is a while different story on mesh.

Setup as well is really quick and easy, hardest thing is setting the router into bridge mode on some devices, but I think yours will be easy.

I'm only after one thing and one thing alone.... The G9, it shall be mine!
I have mesh system in my house and I can confirm that in my house there is almost no speed drop as well. Very easy to set up as well

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm after the Corsair Elite Capellix LCD pump cap upgrade kit, but I guess I won't find it soon :rolleyes:

CMP01

Enthusiast
Not much tbh, not in the tech realm anyway. Certainly a cable kit as the ones that came with the 1000 RMx are tough to manage optimally. Maybe an m.2 to PCIe card, which I'll use with my old 1Tb m.2. I'd like to look into some parts to go with salvaging some of the old desktop to get my gf a reasonable art/emu/retro capable PC going eventually.

Tbh some or all may have to wait. I've been spending at a rate I'm really not used to. New move, not so new house, and first time with a partner that's totally into the home making thing. An awful lot needed doing, and while some things (decorating, shelving, curtain poles aso) I can do myself albeit slowly, much goods and more qualified work needs paying for yet, but the end result will be sweet.
I do now have a pretty decent tool collection from all the things I've had to do that I wanted to do myself/didn't want to wait and pay someone else to do, and I've learned a few things along the way... so there's that.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Not much tbh, not in the tech realm anyway. Certainly a cable kit as the ones that came with the 1000 RMx are tough to manage optimally. Maybe an m.2 to PCIe card, which I'll use with my old 1Tb m.2. I'd like to look into some parts to go with salvaging some of the old desktop to get my gf a reasonable art/emu/retro capable PC going eventually.

Tbh some or all may have to wait. I've been spending at a rate I'm really not used to. New move, not so new house, and first time with a partner that's totally into the home making thing. An awful lot needed doing, and while some things (decorating, shelving, curtain poles aso) I can do myself albeit slowly, much goods and more qualified work needs paying for yet, but the end result will be sweet.
I do now have a pretty decent tool collection from all the things I've had to do that I wanted to do myself/didn't want to wait and pay someone else to do, and I've learned a few things along the way... so there's that.

In the last 36 hours I've bought:

Corded SDS Hammer Drill with Chisel Function
Stud Finder
Cold Chisel Set
Fibreglass Cable Fish/Pull kit
4lb Sledgehammer
SDS Chisel Set
Circular Cutter
Box Cutter
Gouge Chisel
Yamaha NSP51 Speaker Package...... Oops... how did that get in there!

So... yeah, definitely feeling your pain. Spending a fortune on tools to do the jobs that I'm too tight and too stubborn to pay anyone else to do haha.

Operation make @AgentCooper smile with my wire tidying prowess is a go for launch!

CMP01

Enthusiast

Stud Finder
Cold Chisel Set
4lb Sledgehammer
SDS Chisel Set
Circular Cutter
Box Cutter
Gouge Chisel

So... yeah, definitely feeling your pain. Spending a fortune on tools to do the jobs that I'm too tight and too stubborn to pay anyone else to do haha.

Operation make @AgentCooper smile with my wire tidying prowess is a go for launch!

Well, check on the SDS hammer drill for the bloody great concrete lintels in this house, and box cutter cos with the amount of packages we've been getting I'm going to get hurt eventually using scissors...

Also a hammer, pry bar, torpedo level, hedge trimmer (same battery system as the drill), axe, loppers, garden shredder etc... cos I've an overgrown garden to make better of too.

I actually need a stud finder/AC detector, SDS chisels and/or standard chisels too but both options and reviews start blurring after a while. Any recommendations for those?

BlindPleb

Stud Finder
Cold Chisel Set
4lb Sledgehammer
SDS Chisel Set
Circular Cutter
Box Cutter
Gouge Chisel

The last few stud finders I had all malfunctioned, constantly going off when ever I held them.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I actually need a stud finder/AC detector, SDS chisels and/or standard chisels too but both options and reviews start blurring after a while. Any recommendations for those?

No idea to be honest, this will be my first time using them. I'm thinking I'll get away with lesser quality for the SDS ones, as the SDS will do the grunt, but the hand held ones are just for finishing off. Remains to be seen though.

I'm hoping the chaser is going to be worth its weight in gold for the channelling of the cables.

The last few stud finders I had all malfunctioned, constantly going off when ever I held them.

I almost cried buying mine. I had that in my head the whole time so I just kept repeating.... "Buy cheap, buy twice".... so swallowed and plumbed for a Bosch unit. Definitely not the most expensive but I'm hoping with a brand behind it that it will do a good job. Almost £90 though.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
No idea to be honest, this will be my first time using them. I'm thinking I'll get away with lesser quality for the SDS ones, as the SDS will do the grunt, but the hand held ones are just for finishing off. Remains to be seen though.

I'm hoping the chaser is going to be worth its weight in gold for the channelling of the cables.

I almost cried buying mine. I had that in my head the whole time so I just kept repeating.... "Buy cheap, buy twice".... so swallowed and plumbed for a Bosch unit. Definitely not the most expensive but I'm hoping with a brand behind it that it will do a good job. Almost £90 though.

I buy a lot of tools for work mate, Bosch are solid because there warranties are decent and they stand over pretty much anything in the warranty period

If you really want to hit top of the line I can't recommend Milwaukee enough but they are expensive