Black Friday 2021 26th November- What are you after?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm hoping to get a Mesh Wifi system. Looking at the XT8 as I want Tri-Band & Wifi 6. The only downfall I can see is that it's £600 for a triple setup. I'm in a 50s bungalow with some proper walls in it. Currently have a decent router (GT-AC5300) which has Tri-band but it literally doesn't put a signal outside my games room. I have a range extender in the livingroom which is only 30ft away, I then have another range extender in the conservatory and another upstairs.

It's definitely not ideal but it's what I've had to do to get a signal throughout my home. My main concern with the XT8 is that as standard there are only 2 units. It gets cracking reviews but I'm not convinced it will fair that much better than the current router does.

What's the chances on it being on offer? Tri-Band AX Mesh systems are quite thin on the ground for reasonable money it would seem.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm hoping to get a Mesh Wifi system. Looking at the XT8 as I want Tri-Band & Wifi 6. The only downfall I can see is that it's £600 for a triple setup. I'm in a 50s bungalow with some proper walls in it. Currently have a decent router (GT-AC5300) which has Tri-band but it literally doesn't put a signal outside my games room. I have a range extender in the livingroom which is only 30ft away, I then have another range extender in the conservatory and another upstairs.

It's definitely not ideal but it's what I've had to do to get a signal throughout my home. My main concern with the XT8 is that as standard there are only 2 units. It gets cracking reviews but I'm not convinced it will fair that much better than the current router does.

What's the chances on it being on offer? Tri-Band AX Mesh systems are quite thin on the ground for reasonable money it would seem.
Last year mesh systems were quite heavily discounted at the high end, you may have some luck. If you get it at Amazon you can try it in your environment and return if it's not going to work, but mesh is like WiFi on steroids, what you think is range on WiFi is a while different story on mesh.

Setup as well is really quick and easy, hardest thing is setting the router into bridge mode on some devices, but I think yours will be easy.

I'm only after one thing and one thing alone.... The G9, it shall be mine!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Last year mesh systems were quite heavily discounted at the high end, you may have some luck. If you get it at Amazon you can try it in your environment and return if it's not going to work, but mesh is like WiFi on steroids, what you think is range on WiFi is a while different story on mesh.

Setup as well is really quick and easy, hardest thing is setting the router into bridge mode on some devices, but I think yours will be easy.

I'm only after one thing and one thing alone.... The G9, it shall be mine!

I can't believe you've managed to hold out this long for the G9. The question is..... will it be the Neo?

I forgot to mention, the extensions I have are all power line adapters. I can't get a signal outside the games room to actually extend from, so I had to go with some decent homeplug adapters (all 3 of them).

I'll just be replacing the router & homeplugs to be honest. Will just sell them on. First XT8 will be the new router with the other 1/2 providing satellites.

Fingers crossed for a heavy discount. I'm hoping the timing will be good as Wifi6 is now well established.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I can't believe you've managed to hold out this long for the G9. The question is..... will it be the Neo?
I really do wish, the Neo is just crazy good, but I can barely justify the cost of the normal G9 let alone the Neo. A friend has the G9 and I've never been overly influenced by a high quality VA over a good IPS, to me the difference just isn't that noticeable. The G9 was such a step up over any panel I've ever owned even though the backlighting is fairly mundane by HDR accounts. I think the Neo would be like seeing God's face, I'd probably melt instantly at the beauty of it all :)

Fingers crossed for a heavy discount. I'm hoping the timing will be good as Wifi6 is now well established.
Fingers crossed for ya, I think you'll be lucky, I have hope.

Hopefully itll be like last year where there were quite a few of us online into the wee hours going through deals, I really enjoyed that.

BlindPleb

Just got my Black Friday Deal this morning LG - UltraGear 27GP850 Quad HD 27" for under £300. Super happy as it was top of my list of monitors to get but was over my £300 budget.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just got my Black Friday Deal this morning LG - UltraGear 27GP850 Quad HD 27" for under £300. Super happy as it was top of my list of monitors to get but was over my £300 budget.
Great monitor, I have it's older cousin and it's fantastic.

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Hmm i'll be keeping an eye out for a decent broadband router.. my current EE one is failing(Wifi issues) and i'm not signing up for another 2 years just to get a new router outta them..

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
Might be on the lookout for a TV. That's about it I think. Although I'm sure I'll think of other items I "want" rather than "need"!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Don't know this year, last year it was upgrades on drives, but i don't need that this year, maybe if i saw an ultrawide (1440p) at a silly price i might consider it