Black Friday Monitor Deals

MrWilson

Godlike
With Black Friday coming up it’s a great time to snag a new display.
Had a quick peruse on Curry’s and found some great deals already.

A very capable 1440p IPS display, the VG27AQ1A is down to a very affordable £219.

Thé excellent G7 Neo (QLED, 4K 165hz) is down to £949, definitely still on the pricey end but one of the top picks for top end gaming https://www.currys.co.uk/products/s...uantum-dot-gaming-monitor-black-10240662.html

I’ll be back to post some more as I see them, we’re likely to get some more deals closer to thanksgiving weekend.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
BTW, Samsung website has a £100 trade-on on monitors, so with that discount you can get them all for less than Curry's & Amazon (the Samsung website prices are about the same as Currys & Amazon at the moment).

MrWilson

Godlike
BTW, Samsung website has a £100 trade-on on monitors, so with that discount you can get them all for less than Curry's & Amazon (the Samsung website prices are about the same as Currys & Amazon at the moment).
After a quick peruse on their website, you can get the excellent G9 for £949. With unparalleled immersion this is a fantastic display, with many PCS forum regulars personally endorsing from their own experiences with one!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
After a quick peruse on their website, you can get the excellent G9 for £949. With unparalleled immersion this is a fantastic display, with many PCS forum regulars personally endorsing from their own experiences with one!
This will also be the latest model as it's direct from Samsung (there were a few iterations since release) where they hugely improved the power regulation, and as such it has a much lower TDP of 55W over the original specifications 108W.

I have the latest model and didn't have a lot of the issues that others found with the crackling power supply. I'm fairly confident this is due to the massively lower TDP.

It's also had a lot of firmware revisions, it's now on v10.16 (16th version), that will tell you how many bugs there have been on this, and it's still not perfect. I would suggest don't buy it unless you're comfortable bug shooting as this is not a straightforward plug and play, you need to fiddle quite a bit to get it working optimally. But when you do get it working as it should.... O......M.......G!!!!

Last edited:

MrWilson

Godlike
Samsung are putting a lot of work into their Black Friday deals! While we generally advocate pushing for 1440p with a new build we do also recognise that not everyone has the budget for this. The Samsung G3 is a very solid, 1080p 165hz IPS display, and can currently be bagged on Amazon for £109.