Black Friday Vortex

Hello,

When would the Vortex be available that you're promoting? It says its sold out even though its not even black friday!

Poor advertising tbh. Doesn't say limited pc available etc etc. Also promoting black friday on the 16th of Nov. I dont mind companies promoting few weeks in advance but at least have stocks for the actual black fri-day. I was actually going to buy this vortex pc and it's not even black friday and its sold out! Very very disappointed.

Poor advertising.

Would this be back in stock on friday?

Cheers.
Matt

Demons674

I ordered this last tuesday and its not in build yet.
I am likely to get it according to ETA's on the 8th.
For me that is pretty bad. I was expecting there to be some ready to go but it seems they are just ordering stuff in an assembling. Seem strange for them to say they are sold out. Unless there are some components that are end of life. I ruddy hope not!

Yes surely they should have had some built before they thought of advertising it.

Its just so frustrating 😫 especially promoting black friday early.

Demons674

The BF deal PCs aren't pre-build systems....they are pre-specced but they still need to be built as shown by the build time in the spec.

As to end of life components, none are end of life....the AMD CPU has been superceded by a newer one but will still be around for a while...the Intel CPU will be superceded before long and will go EOL quicker as the architecture doesn't offer longevity.

But how many should they have built? 10? 20? 50? 100? 1000? There is no way to know how much demand there would be...for all we know they pre-built 100 and they have all sold....or they didn't pre-build any because the system isn't a pre-built one, merely a pre-specced one. As to promoting Black Friday early, that is just normal these days....Currys have had a BF price on a TV I want for the past 2 weeks, Amazon have been running Pre-Black Friday deals. Black Friday is no longer a day but a fortnight
Having done procurement and delivery systems in my job it is not that difficult to speculate the demand. Take last years sales figures and then adjust for covid. Maybe go 50% of last years and prebuild 50% of those.

I know its a struggle with everything covid but 21 days for a pc build is a bit of a pain. If there was an option I would take the components and build it myself for a cheaper cost I would have considered that. But I guess that ruins warranty and such.

I will refresh my order page 10 times a day till it turns up! 😂

Demons674

I think it would be a better customer experience to have at least some picked ready for build. The biggest wait is at the front of the process. I am at pre production and its been 7 days so for me thats a little long. I'd have like to be in building by now.

The standard build time is 7-13 I believe so if they hit that I will be fine with it. Just a little annoying.

Either way. Saying limit stock available would be fine with me. But nothing states this. And it just disappoints the customer who saves up for it untill the deal ends.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Having done procurement and delivery systems in my job it is not that difficult to speculate the demand. Take last years sales figures and then adjust for covid. Maybe go 50% of last years and prebuild 50% of those.

I know its a struggle with everything covid but 21 days for a pc build is a bit of a pain. If there was an option I would take the components and build it myself for a cheaper cost I would have considered that. But I guess that ruins warranty and such.

I will refresh my order page 10 times a day till it turns up! 😂
This is the entire point though, that’s why there are stock shortages worldwide because no one has been right on their estimations of sales over this period. The latest GPU orders have been 10 times what they were expecting (as stated by Scan), CPU’s similarly.

NOTHING is normal at the moment, everyone has been caught off guard from manufacturing down to distribution down to retailers.

Bhuna50

Author Level
I remember the days when black friday was just on Black friday. Prices were the lowest. Such a shame.

Completely agree. All a farce now and has become black November.

Then it jumps straight into Christmas sales and on Boxing Day the January sales start. This is then followed up in February with the end of season winter sale leading into March / April’s Easter sale.

May’s double bank holidays sales followed by another end / beginning / mid season sale throughout June / July and August.

That brings us to the ‘Back to school’ September deals and finally onto the Halloween / half term sales in October and wham back round to November.

Sales are now just gimmicks proving that stuff is overpriced to begin with [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Completely agree. All a farce now and has become black November.

Then it jumps straight into Christmas sales and on Boxing Day the January sales start. This is then followed up in February with the end of season winter sale leading into March / April’s Easter sale.

May’s double bank holidays sales followed by another end / beginning / mid season sale throughout June / July and August.

That brings us to the ‘Back to school’ September deals and finally onto the Halloween / half term sales in October and wham back round to November.

Sales are now just gimmicks proving that stuff is overpriced to begin with [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think you hit the nail on the head there (y)

Demons674

Ordered 17/11
Pre production 20/11
No update still. Managed to get a live chat yesterday and there is no wait for parts its awaiting to be picked to be put into the build cycle. ETA of delivery has been moved from the 8th to the 11 but I guess that is going to move again due to the another 2 days passing by with no movement.

Did anyone else order this deal? Have you got any further?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well, you're only on day 10 or 11 of the 13-15 working days, as I don't believe Sat/Sun are counted (not sure whether order day is included or not).

3/4 working days: 17th 18th 19th 20th
5 working days: 23rd 24th 25th 26th 27th
2 working days: 30th 01st

Then you might have 1-2 days of building & testing, then another couple from dispatch notification to delivery.

If nothing gets stuck/delayed further, I'd estimate build by end of this week and delivery by end of next week (all in a nothing-to-do-with-PCS capacity)