Laptop unstable.

PQLaptop

Hi I recently bought a laptop just 4 months ago and I already encountered black screens while just watching youtube, searching on the internet or sometimes playing gaming. The laptop screen just go black, it can be turn back on but again the same thing happens. This is the spec of my laptop which was purchased May this year.

Optimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 120Hz 45% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor 10500H (2.5GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
16GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
Purchased with windows 10

I have a portable 2nd screen as well and it freezes when my laptops screen goes black.
I can hear the fan noise and keyboard lights are on as well.

The laptop was a gift the my wife and was really upset as I was just loving it. I hope you guys can help me.

Last edited:

Bhuna50

Author Level
Could you post the full spec please from the order not just an extract.

Was it purchased with Windows? Or have you installed it yourself?

Is the laptop going completely off or just the screen goes blank? If goes blank could you shine a bright light directly at it to see if you can see windows faintly there-ie checking in case an issue with the backlight of the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bhuna50

Author Level
Couple of other things to check sorry:

- check your power management settings - it might be putting the screen to sleep after a short time of inactivity.

- check that the machine is showing as plugged in and check the power connector at the back is securely plugged. If it comes loose the machine might then be going into power saving mode and putting the screen to sleep.

PQLaptop

Hi! Thank you for your reply however I always plugged in my laptop whenever I use it and I have always set the machine to "never" sleep. I have a portable 2nd screen as well and it freezes when my laptops screen goes black.

PQLaptop

Could you post the full spec please from the order not just an extract.

Was it purchased with Windows? Or have you installed it yourself?

Is the laptop going completely off or just the screen goes blank? If goes blank could you shine a bright light directly at it to see if you can see windows faintly there-ie checking in case an issue with the backlight of the screen.

Hi! It was an all in 1 package that I have and it comes with an installed Windows 10 anti virus and other programs. I am not really good at computer thats why we chose the option.

When the display goes black, the keyboard lights are still on and I can hear the fan noise as well. I have a portable 2nd screen as well, it does not go black it just freezes.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Can you download a program called HWMonitor please and run it whilst you are doing something.

Can you watch the CPU temperatures and GPU temperatures as you do a few things and let us know if what they are peaking at when hardly doing anything and when under load (gaming). I’m not sure it is temperature related as usually if CPU peaks too high it auto shuts down but worth checking.

Could you uninstall the Bullguard too. That has been known to cause problems and Windows does come with Windows defender which is just as good

Also, have a look in Device Manager and let us know if anything shows up with small yellow triangles (indicating driver issues/missing) - take a screen print if unsure and put in here. Also anything in “Other devices”.

Finally, go into Windows Update and make sure that all updates have been run along with optional updates. Again take a screen print and post here please so we can check.

PQLaptop

Can you download a program called HWMonitor please and run it whilst you are doing something.

Can you watch the CPU temperatures and GPU temperatures as you do a few things and let us know if what they are peaking at when hardly doing anything and when under load (gaming). I’m not sure it is temperature related as usually if CPU peaks too high it auto shuts down but worth checking.

Could you uninstall the Bullguard too. That has been known to cause problems and Windows does come with Windows defender which is just as good

Also, have a look in Device Manager and let us know if anything shows up with small yellow triangles (indicating driver issues/missing) - take a screen print if unsure and put in here. Also anything in “Other devices”.

Finally, go into Windows Update and make sure that all updates have been run along with optional updates. Again take a screen print and post here please so we can check.

Thank you for your suggestions I done the things you said. Device manager shows nothing needs update.

How do I save the results in HWMonitor? There are a lot of parameters and I can't record everything before the laptop goes black.

I have done those with the bullguard still on so might as well uninstall it and see what happens. Cheers

Bhuna50

Author Level
Put HW monitor on your second screen and just watch the HWMonitor temperatures for CPU And GPU as you do things.

Let us know how things go after getting rid of Bullguard.

Can you also open an elevated command prompt and type sfc /scannow and let us know the results please.

PQLaptop

Hi everyone,

My laptop keeps on crashing after few hours of use specially when gaming. When I checked the evntvwr at run app I got this information all the time.

The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (DESKTOP-NPIEDOB) has initiated the restart of computer DESKTOP-NPIEDOB on behalf of user DESKTOP-NPIEDOB\paulq for the following reason: Other (Unplanned)
Reason Code: 0x0

This is what I have:
Chassis & DisplayOptimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 120Hz 45% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor 10500H (2.5GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 3 in 1 Card Reader (Full Size SD / SDHC / SDXC)
AC Adaptor1 x 150W AC Adaptor

Can someone help me with this please.

Attachments

• laptop.jpg
    laptop.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 82

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi everyone,

My laptop keeps on crashing after few hours of use specially when gaming. When I checked the evntvwr at run app I got this information all the time.

The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (DESKTOP-NPIEDOB) has initiated the restart of computer DESKTOP-NPIEDOB on behalf of user DESKTOP-NPIEDOB\paulq for the following reason: Other (Unplanned)
Reason Code: 0x0

This is what I have:
Chassis & DisplayOptimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 120Hz 45% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor 10500H (2.5GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 3 in 1 Card Reader (Full Size SD / SDHC / SDXC)
AC Adaptor1 x 150W AC Adaptor

Can someone help me with this please.
Can you upload a screenshot of your windows update page please?

PQLaptop

Hi my laptop now sometimes won't boot or just stays on a black screen. No lights on the keys but I can see lights on my mouse.

It takes a few turning power on/off to get it to turn on. What should I do?