Black Screen on startup after Starting Windows logo

Jahola

The problem is that when I start up my pc straight after the starting windows logo my some strange horizontal lines appear on the screen and on the starting windows logo then my pc black screens. My plan was to re-install windows then transfer all my files back from my backup, what i did was i re-installed windows then began installing the drivers for my motherboard when i got to my gpu i installed the driver for it (gtx 780) then the installer requested that I restart my pc to complete the update which I did however after the restart the black screen problem came back, my gpu is a Nvidia geforce gtx 780 and i'm running windows 7. This black screen problem happened out of the blue while I was playing Counter Strike Global Offensive. I am not sure what to do or how to fix this problem. My pc is still within the 1 year parts warranty.

Last edited:

Jahola

Ok so I tried rolling back the driver with a clean install and no luck, as soon as I install the driver my pc black screens, also with the horizontal lines all over my monitor I think I might get a replacement as it is still under warranty.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok so I tried rolling back the driver with a clean install and no luck, as soon as I install the driver my pc black screens, also with the horizontal lines all over my monitor I think I might get a replacement as it is still under warranty.

Sounds a good plan, does sound like a hardware issue. Let us know how it goes.