Blade Runner Beverage

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’m a bit of a whisky aficionado and a huge Blade Runner fan. I’ve recently discovered that these two worlds have collided. Cibi have released the (in my mind) iconic glass Deckard drinks from in the first film. It’s gorgeous… but is it worth spending big money on to sip my single malts in style?

2339FCAF-A632-4FC5-957F-C1ACCF09F9A3.jpeg

CD18E884-FAA2-4EBC-A8C7-56EEF7E6CB97.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's a pretty unique glass and the Bladrunner connection just makes it even moreso.

I paid a small fortune comparatively for some crystal espresso glasses for dinner parties.

The initial pain is real, but the satisfaction whenever you do pull them out far outweighs it IMHO.

It's good to have these little lifts in the everyday norm and whiskey deserves a really good glass, I swear it improves the flavour!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
That's a pretty unique glass and the Bladrunner connection just makes it even moreso.

I paid a small fortune comparatively for some crystal espresso glasses for dinner parties.

The initial pain is real, but the satisfaction whenever you do pull them out far outweighs it IMHO.

It's good to have these little lifts in the everyday norm and whiskey deserves a really good glass, I swear it improves the flavour!

Very nice! That would be a classy espresso!

Okay, two votes in the ‘for’ category (thanks, lads). Any ‘against’ ones are yet to appear… and I am getting a £150 bonus on payday next week. With Mini Cooper on the way I may not have many more opportunities to spend money on myself.

I am talking myself into this and becoming increasingly likely to treat myself to this glass and a last bottle of something special on Thursday.

If anyone objects to this union, speak now or forever hold your peace 🤐

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Okay, two votes in the ‘for’ category (thanks, lads). Any ‘against’ ones are yet to appear… and I am getting a £150 bonus on payday next week. With Mini Cooper on the way I may not have many more opportunities to spend money on myself.

I am talking myself into this and becoming increasingly likely to treat myself to this glass and a last bottle of something special on Thursday.

@SpyderTracks , lock the thread....................

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Fun side fact coming up…

There’s also a really cool green lamp in the shape of Saturn that appears in the movie in a couple of shots, this was the best pic I could find:

A2895A80-B7B0-4B52-B5C2-935BB74E50C5.jpeg

The exact same lamp makes an appearance in another classic:

0BF33B99-177E-45E6-875F-0A7D47E24004.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Fun side fact coming up…

There’s also a really cool green lamp in the shape of Saturn that appears in the movie in a couple of shots, this was the best pic I could find:

View attachment 29472

The exact same lamp makes an appearance in another classic:

View attachment 29473
Noooooo..... that can't be a coincidence! Do you think there's an upcoming crossover? Dale Cooper vs Deckard?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

It's all relative. If you can afford it (that's crucial) and if there's nothing more important in your life that needs that money (that's even more important) and you really want it (that's most important) then buy it. :)

Here endeth today's lesson. 😇

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Two thought collide in me :
-the whisky aficionado that know that this shape is (for now) the best kind of to drink whisky (tulip glasses) :

(a link from the first whisky seller in france)
-the SF fan that forget everything else just want to say : DO IT ! (even if for a phd student like me, it's to expensive XD)

I'd suggest to open a topic about whisky, but i think it would be against the forum, or the moral, rules ^^"

just saw that the French seller have a nice package, if you want