Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

Many moons ago (1997) there was a game released called Blade Runner which gained critical acclaim almost instantly.

Something happened though and the sourcecode was lost and hardly any physical copies were in the wild and the game became a little bit of a legend status game.

Roll on to today 23/06/2022 and the Enhanced Edition which has been literally reverse engineered from an original copy of the game that was found and put on stores like Steam and any console store

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I played it many years ago on my dad’s PC (he’s an even bigger nerd for Blade Runner than I am) and it’s good fun. You get to use the Voight Kampff machine and hunt replicants. It’s quite difficult though, and it’s one of those rarer point and clickers with the jeopardy where you can be killed.

The original game has been available on GOG for a couple of years now but it’s great to see it available on more platforms.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I have an original disc copy (no surprise to many I'd imagine) and I bought the version that was released on GOG a year or so back. That was taken from the original ISO if I remember right. Will almost certainly be getting this Enhanced Edition before long as it's one of my favourite P&C games!

polycrac

Rising Star
I played it many years ago on my dad’s PC (he’s an even bigger nerd for Blade Runner than I am) and it’s good fun. You get to use the Voight Kampff machine and hunt replicants. It’s quite difficult though, and it’s one of those rarer point and clickers with the jeopardy where you can be killed.

The original game has been available on GOG for a couple of years now but it’s great to see it available on more platforms.
From the (admittedly few) steam reviews, it sounds like the GOG version is better.

D

Deleted member 41971

Hi all

Many moons ago (1997) there was a game released called Blade Runner which gained critical acclaim almost instantly.

Something happened though and the sourcecode was lost and hardly any physical copies were in the wild and the game became a little bit of a legend status game.

Roll on to today 23/06/2022 and the Enhanced Edition which has been literally reverse engineered from an original copy of the game that was found and put on stores like Steam and any console store

wow, a game I wanted to play back in the day but was unable to,

gimme :LOL: