Blaupunkt TV showing video but no audio through HDMI on Nvidia Geforce GT120

Metue

As the title says really, I'm hoping someone can help me out. In the sounds menu, the TV is listed as selected and working, with the bar moving to suggest its playing when 'tested', however, no sound comes through. Originally it was showing as 'not plugged in' but that changed after uninstalling and reinstalling all related drivers.

It's seemingly not a fault with the cable or screen, as plugging my laptop in works fine (though thats running windows 8, and the PC is only Vista). I'm a bit lost now, and hope someone can point me in the direction of my error (I'm assuming at this point I have missed something glaringly obvious)

It's a pretty basic PC that I inherited from family, ran a system restore on and am planning to use as a media center, there is an HDMI output on the motherboard, but obviously I would rather stick to running the graphics card if possible.

Thanks
Metuje

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
try setting the TV to be the default playback device in the audio settings.

start>control panel>hardware and sound>sound. Does the TV show up as selectable? If so then set it as the playback device.

Metue

try setting the TV to be the default playback device in the audio settings.

start>control panel>hardware and sound>sound. Does the TV show up as selectable? If so then set it as the playback device.

Thanks for the reply. I've already done that, it says 'Digital Output Device (HDMI) High Definition Audio Device Working' and has the tick next to it to say its the default, and the bar on the right even moves to suggest sound when tested, but nothing comes out. All sound levels are up on both TV and PC, nothing is muted that I can find.
Thanks again

Metue

Gave up with it and am now using a DVI to VGA cable alongside a 3.5-3.5mm jack cable. Seems to work just fine.

Thanks for your advice.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
alright, I'd assume that something is muted in windows somewhere, I've had it myself multiple times. It's surprising how may volume sliders you have for sound on your machine within windows itself.