Blue Screen of Death

I have encountered a BSOD three times in the past month or so, today being the most recent occurrence. All three incidences reported a "0x124" error. Am I right in thinking this is some sort of hardware error? I am unsure as to what is causing the problem, as it has occurred as seemingly random times when using my PC. Advice as to what to do to diagnose the problem would be much appreciated.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I have encountered a BSOD three times in the past month or so, today being the most recent occurrence. All three incidences reported a "0x124" error. Am I right in thinking this is some sort of hardware error? I am unsure as to what is causing the problem, as it has occurred as seemingly random times when using my PC. Advice as to what to do to diagnose the problem would be much appreciated.

without your specs and more information is difficult to tell. Do you have your cpu overclock?

Yes my CPU is overclocked.

Here are my specs:
ASUS p8z68-v pro/gen3
Intel i5 2500k 3.3ghz OC
Kingston Hyper X 8gb
PALIT Nvidia GTX 570
Windows 7 64 bit
Corsair TX 750w
Titan EVO cpu cooler

keynes

Multiverse Poster
That could be the cause, can you go to bios and load the default settings ? (no OC)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I'm not sure how to do that. This won't void my warranty will it?

Not with default settings, if you don't feel confident doing that then you should contact PCS tomorrow morning.

You go to bios by pressing "Delete" when you see the Asus logo, then advanced mode and then there should be an option for default settings (not sure if your OC settings are saved)

Last edited: