Blue Screen of Death

Hi there,

Recently I have been getting two different types of BSoD that are forcing my PC to restart and im wondering if anyone has any idea how I can fix this.
The two different errors are 1)Memory_Management and 2)PFN_List_Corrupt.

Im guessing there is a problem with my RAM because the issue seems to come up more frequently when I am using RAM intense programs.

Specs are in image below.

Attachments

• SPECS.PNG
    SPECS.PNG
    73 KB · Views: 122

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thanks a lot for the reply Martin!

I have just completed all that is asked in that post and uploaded all of the necessay files into this google drive link - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1F3yB8YYjRGW_ZIBSOyzaMNvDegmkmcai?usp=sharing

Let me know if there is any issue accessing the folder or if there is anything else I can provide you with that might help!

Kind Regards,
SB
Can you make the file public please?

My first thought would also be that you may have a RAM issue given those stop codes. In which case please download Memtest and run that, allow it to complete all four iterations of the various tests. That will take a VERY long time on your 128GB but it's important to let it finish.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The very first minidump shows the problem; the stop code is FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE. The failure type is a 'compressed store manager error' which indicates that the bug check occurred whilst decompressing a compressed RAM page. The Windows Memory Manager is able to recover single bit errors when decompressing pages, but if the error affects more than one bit then you get a BSOD with this stop code.

This could be a bad driver, but I don't see any unusual or suspect drivers in your list of installed modules - though there are a bunch of Logitech drivers and (I'll admit) that I've long been highly suspicious of Logitech software (though their hardware is good).

It could also be an issue with the Windows Memory Manager - but that's vanishingly unlikely (or we'd all know!).

The most likely cause is bad RAM.

Do please run Memtest as suggested above. It will take hours and hours and hours to run on your 128GB, so you could pull three sticks and run Memtest on each stick at a time - that will make each run quicker and it's likely to be only one stick that's flaky. Do PLEASE allow all four iterations of each test to complete - unless it finds errors, then you'll have found the faulty stick. If it runs clean on each stick then test each stick again and when the four iterations have run restart Memtest again and run another four. Faulty RAM is the most likely cause so you want to give Memtest as good a chance as possible to find it.

All the remaining minidumps, and the kernel dump, are memory related stop codes (mostly MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) but with different processes in control, that's a pretty clear sign that the problem is hardware, ie. RAM.