bluescreen whenever i try gaming

bunglebonce

my pc seems to be working fine until I try loading warcraft. the game will load but after a few seconds the sreeen becomes a mass of squares and my pc crashes out to BSOD.
I used bluescreen viewer. the first few times the bug code was116, then 119. the files identified in the stack were dxgmms.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, nviddmkm.sys and watchdog.sys.
I reinstalled my drivers from NVidia (used a fresh install option with all values set to default). I have reinstalled warcraft.
the problem persists.
My PC is still within warranty, but only for labour.
advice would be most welcome.

steaky360

so far no, but i have not tried any other games or anything that would tax the system.

I'd give that a go for diagnostic purposes (try as much as you can really) will help narrow down whether its hardware or software.

It sounds as though your graphics card may have a fault, always best to double check :)

bunglebonce

ok, tried the stress test and immediate crash. system did not bluescreen but got the message opengl drivers had detected a problem with the display drivers.
i am going to try the instructions from another post here and try to get a clean install to fix it. if not, i am up a smelly river with no visible means of propulsion

steaky360

Aye it does sound like a hardware fault, you should still get in touch with PCS - they might be able to help you out (or at least tell you how to get in touch with Palit to see if they can offer any assistance).