Brand new laptop shutdowns during gaming.

Feraldudu

What process did you take to install windows?

And where did you source drivers?
i was following the steps advised by Technicall Support from PCS. I have received email from them what to do step by step (prepearing USB flash disk - creating installation media ) and then i did reinstall. If its about drivers i let the Windows Update to find most of them, except graphic ones. I Have downloaded 2 versions of drivers on the webside you have send me in previous posts from the archives ( i have downloaded both versions, standard ones and DCH ). at first i wanted to install standard ones but during installation i have received an information that drivers are incompatible with my graphic card ( in both cases i have donwloaded drivers for RTX 3080 laptop GPU ). ofcourse before i have installed the drivers for graphics and display etc i have used DDU as before. Only DCH drivers went through... the only thing that got fixed is Geforce Experience application which is working fine. shutdowns still continue. Just yesterday after reinstallation and recovering the data i had 2 shutdowns... At 19:19 and 23:46. In case of both i was playing world of warcraft (thats the game im palying the most). Today i am actually playing WoW since 17:20 so i expect to have first shutdown around 23:00-24:00 and im 95% sure the shutdown will occur.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i was following the steps advised by Technicall Support from PCS. I have received email from them what to do step by step (prepearing USB flash disk - creating installation media ) and then i did reinstall. If its about drivers i let the Windows Update to find most of them, except graphic ones. I Have downloaded 2 versions of drivers on the webside you have send me in previous posts from the archives ( i have downloaded both versions, standard ones and DCH ). at first i wanted to install standard ones but during installation i have received an information that drivers are incompatible with my graphic card ( in both cases i have donwloaded drivers for RTX 3080 laptop GPU ). ofcourse before i have installed the drivers for graphics and display etc i have used DDU as before. Only DCH drivers went through... the only thing that got fixed is Geforce Experience application which is working fine. shutdowns still continue. Just yesterday after reinstallation and recovering the data i had 2 shutdowns... At 19:19 and 23:46. In case of both i was playing world of warcraft (thats the game im palying the most). Today i am actually playing WoW since 17:20 so i expect to have first shutdown around 23:00-24:00 and im 95% sure the shutdown will occur.
Did you delete all partitions before installing windows?

Can you take a screenshot of your device manager?

Feraldudu

Did you delete all partitions before installing windows?

Can you take a screenshot of your device manager?
Yes i did delete all of them and made new ones

The unknown device on system manager reffers to Fingerprint scanner which i have in laptop chasis

Attachments

• device manager.png
    device manager.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 88

Feraldudu

Volume D was created by myself for the Data, Volume C and other ones were created by installer

Attachments

• disk management.png
    disk management.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 85

barlew

Godlike
The fact that the standard Nvidia driver installation is reporting that they aren't compatible with your GPU is a bit of a concern.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The fact that the standard Nvidia driver installation is reporting that they aren't compatible with your GPU is a bit of a concern.
Windows update will automatically install a DCH driver upon boot if one isn't present.

To install the standard driver you have to download the driver ready, use DDU to uninstall the current drivers and sofware, then reboot with network disconnected and install standard.

Standard and DCH aren't compatible in any way shape or form.

barlew

Godlike
Windows update will automatically install a DCH driver upon boot if one isn't present.

To install the standard driver you have to download the driver ready, use DDU to uninstall the current drivers and sofware, then reboot with network disconnected and install standard.

I am not saying you are wrong but I've never had to do this.

Every single time I've set windows up on any of my laptops I run Windows update first and I've alway installed nvidia drivers after the updates are complete.

I do explicitly tell the drivers to perform a clean install when I do though?

Feraldudu

that is what i literally did. but even with DDU and network disconnection did not help at all... i was more shocked than you probably... i have even watched 5/6 times the video with has been attached here in previous posts and made sure the windows update wont download driver automatically... i have even turned off internet router from its power supply to make sure there wont be any connection, and yet i have received that the drivers are incompatible...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
that is what i literally did. but even with DDU and network disconnection did not help at all... i was more shocked than you probably... i have even watched 5/6 times the video with has been attached here in previous posts and made sure the windows update wont download driver automatically... i have even turned off internet router from its power supply to make sure there wont be any connection, and yet i have received that the drivers are incompatible...
If you still had any components of the DCH drivers installed like geforce experience or control panel then the installation would fail, you have to remove all components.

Feraldudu

If you still had any components of the DCH drivers installed like geforce experience or control panel then the installation would fail, you have to remove all components.
everything was removed. i installed geforce experience after a few tries of installing the standard ones first :( . I know i might be a moron but not that big moron hehe:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
everything was removed. i installed geforce experience after a few tries of installing the standard ones first :( . I know i might be a moron but not that big moron hehe:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yeah, apologies, not suggesting you were in the wrong at all, we never know the capabilities of the posters so have to state the obvious a lot of the time :)

I think you've done everything right, the windows config looks fine, drivers are all accounted for (save the fingerprint reader as you stated, but that wouldn't affect system stability).

Your temps also look absolutely fine and within limits.

I have a sneaking suspicion this is a hardware related error that's only showing once the laptop has been at high temps for an extended period of time. This can sometimes be due to a hairline crack in a PCB trace path or a singular solder joint, and the temperature load gradually increases that gap to the point the circuit breaks. This used to happen on GPU's back in the day and the fix was to actually shove them in the oven for a period which would melt the solder enough to bridge the gap again and would extend lifetime, I'M NOT SUGGESTING YOU DO THAT :ROFLMAO: No joke though, this was the official advice a lot of the time, and even what GPU manufacturers do to repair cards sometimes:

My guess would be a faulty GPU, but this is absolute guesswork based on the symptoms.

This is a really tough one.

Feraldudu

Yeah, apologies, not suggesting you were in the wrong at all, we never know the capabilities of the posters so have to state the obvious a lot of the time :)

I think you've done everything right, the windows config looks fine, drivers are all accounted for (save the fingerprint reader as you stated, but that wouldn't affect system stability).

Your temps also look absolutely fine and within limits.

I have a sneaking suspicion this is a hardware related error that's only showing once the laptop has been at high temps for an extended period of time. This can sometimes be due to a hairline crack in a PCB trace path or a singular solder joint, and the temperature load gradually increases that gap to the point the circuit breaks. This used to happen on GPU's back in the day and the fix was to actually shove them in the oven for a period which would melt the solder enough to bridge the gap again and would extend lifetime, I'M NOT SUGGESTING YOU DO THAT :ROFLMAO: No joke though, this was the official advice a lot of the time, and even what GPU manufacturers do to repair cards sometimes:

My guess would be a faulty GPU, but this is absolute guesswork based on the symptoms.

This is a really tough one.
yea indeed it is tough one. well my knowledge is very limited, and compare to any of yours in here im just like a baby as i was just studying a basics of ICT ^^, but even now i do not remember 85% of the knowledge that was passed to me by teachers xD. Maybe i will ask PCS team if they have a resources to check the elements like capacitors/resistors/power modules on motherboard, AC adapters and GPU/CPU aswell and if they will do so in terms of warranty ofc. One of my friends had similiar issue but in his case it was power module on motherboard and one of the capacitors.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The Clear install of windows was done literally yesterday. During installation i had a blue screen ( first time ). After restart the installation started once again and all was fine. (11:48 - its the time of Blescreen during installation ). Then in the evening approx 19:19 i had a Shutdown as usual ( after i have recovered all the data from private server, reinstalled and updated all the drivers i usually use). The recovery was finished approx 14:00, so after recovery of data was finished, i started my World of Warcraft session, and as i mentioned before, at 19:19 i had shutdown. Enviromental factors u mentioned. The temperature of the room is all the time between 18-22 degreeses,. I made laptop clean of dust even if literally there was almost not even drop of dust inside/outside of the laptop but still i got that cleaned anyway.
I'd like to back up a tad. a BSOD during Windows installation is NOT normal and might suggest that there is a hardware issue there. At what point during the install did it BSOD? Did you note what the stop code was (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL for example)??

Also, in the Device Manager output above there is a device that's missing a driver - that may well be causing you problems.

Feraldudu

I'd like to back up a tad. a BSOD during Windows installation is NOT normal and might suggest that there is a hardware issue there. At what point during the install did it BSOD? Did you note what the stop code was (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL for example)??

Also, in the Device Manager output above there is a device that's missing a driver - that may well be causing you problems.
It did BSOD when i was literally setting up a PIN code. Regarding to the BSOD it was quite fast but i have seen with capital letters something like "WATCH_DOGS etc etc" (i do not remember what was later, i just spotted first two words) but i havent noticed any other code... it just happened too fast for me -.-...

the missing driver as i said before is the fingerprint scanner driver

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It did BSOD when i was literally setting up a PIN code. Regarding to the BSOD it was quite fast but i have seen with capital letters something like "WATCH_DOGS etc etc" (i do not remember what was later, i just spotted first two words) but i havent noticed any other code... it just happened too fast for me -.-...
That would worry me because it's right in the middle of the install process (well, in the middle of the OOBE which is part of install). There are several 'watchdog' BSOD stop codes and none of them are good news. That would be a big red flag to me....

Feraldudu

That would worry me because it's right in the middle of the install process (well, in the middle of the OOBE which is part of install). There are several 'watchdog' BSOD stop codes and none of them are good news. That would be a big red flag to me....
i will for sure report that to technical support once they will reply to me tomorrow. at least i know there is something serious going on with the laptop itself and it may be hard to sort out, at least for me as regular user.

Feraldudu

Right, so laptop went to RMA, was there for almost 2 weeks, it has been returned and the report says all the core components of the system has been replaced. Thats ok but now there is a question, how can i use the laptop. After i started up laptop, on the login screen i have received a communicate from my coputer which looks more or less like this (tanslated form polish, was doing my best to be as accurate with translation as i could) "Yoru PIN code is unavaiable anymore because of security settings that has been changed on this device. Click to set up new PIN" After i clicked "Set ne PIN" - nothing happens, and the login screen shows up the same communicate again. On RMA the laptop has been checked by 2 technicians ( thats what i was told in fault report sent to my by PCS) and it was fine, so i dont understand why i cannot even use my computer -.-. Should i reinstall system? But in that case all the changes the PCS did, will be gone :(