Brand new laptop shutdowns during gaming.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
First off you're barking up the wrong tree worrying about the Error 41 Kernel Power message. That's just a symptom and not a problem. All that tells you is that Windows didn't shutdown properly.

Notwithstanding the sensible things that @SpyderTracks is walking you through, I'd like to see your temperatures. You say that it's shutting down, but it's not auto-restaring? A shutdown with no restart is unlikely to be a software issue but it sounds very much like overheating.

There is nothing alarming in the Application log that you uploaded, can you upload the System log as well please?

If these shutdowns are not software related it's unlikely there will be any dumps to upload.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
First off you're barking up the wrong tree worrying about the Error 41 Kernel Power message. That's just a symptom and not a problem. All that tells you is that Windows didn't shutdown properly.

Notwithstanding the sensible things that @SpyderTracks is walking you through, I'd like to see your temperatures. You say that it's shutting down, but it's not auto-restaring? A shutdown with no restart is unlikely to be a software issue but it sounds very much like overheating.

There is nothing alarming in the Application log that you uploaded, can you upload the System log as well please?

If these shutdowns are not software related it's unlikely there will be any dumps to upload.
Yeah, I completely came at this fron the wrong angle until I later saw the original thread and merged it.

As you say, this sounds more hardware related given the history.

Feraldudu

here is the system log you have asked for

Yea, laptop is shutting down and doesnt auto-restart. in addition i have to unplug AC adapters for a minute or two and then plug them in, and then laptop is running. i wanted to upload also a minidump file but i have "access denied" even in administration mode. sorry for beeing such a moron with all of this but the things you are asking me to do are completely new for me^^ once again sorry for that.

here is also a driver list i was asked before, if it helps with anything of course

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
here is the system log you have asked for

Yea, laptop is shutting down and doesnt auto-restart. in addition i have to unplug AC adapters for a minute or two and then plug them in, and then laptop is running. i wanted to upload also a minidump file but i have "access denied" even in administration mode. sorry for beeing such a moron with all of this but the things you are asking me to do are completely new for me^^ once again sorry for that.
Download HWMonitor (free) and install it. Close all open programs so the laptop is completely idle and leave it like that for 20 minutes or so to allow it to completely cool to idle temperatures. Then open HWMonitor and post a screenshot of the display.

Then run the most demanding game you have and use HWMonitor to check the temperatures once you've been playing for 30 minutes or so, post a screenhot of the HWMonitor screen again.

Don't worry about uploading dumps, this doesn't sound like a software issue to me.

Feraldudu

Download HWMonitor (free) and install it. Close all open programs so the laptop is completely idle and leave it like that for 20 minutes or so to allow it to completely cool to idle temperatures. Then open HWMonitor and post a screenshot of the display.

Then run the most demanding game you have and use HWMonitor to check the temperatures once you've been playing for 30 minutes or so, post a screenhot of the HWMonitor screen again.

Don't worry about uploading dumps, this doesn't sound like a software issue to me.
i will attach 2 screenshots with higher and lower temperature. For around 25 minutes laptop was completely idle. within those 25 minutes i have noticed unidentified temperature jump which happened twice (30-40 seconds period of time for each temperature jump) so ive opend HWMonitor during that temperature jump. i am going now to run 3 different games on highest possible settings that is World Of Warcraft (during which i had shutdown), Diablo 2 Ressurected (during which i had lots of shutdowns) and cyberpunk2077 (during which i never had any shutdown). After that i will post them (unless i will have another shutdown).

Attachments

• Idle temperature jump.png
    Idle temperature jump.png
    62 KB · Views: 110
  • idle temperature.png
    idle temperature.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 106

Bhuna50

Author Level
Just thought about this and I had an issue on an old Defiance before where games would reset the machine.

It seemed to be down to memory not seated correctly. I removed all bar one of my 4 sticks I had and ran Memtest. Went through all 4 sticks and all were ok, then reseated all 4 and never had an issue again.

Therefore it might be worth removing your memory sticks, blow for dust removal and then reseat them to see if that helps at all.

Feraldudu

Just thought about this and I had an issue on an old Defiance before where games would reset the machine.

It seemed to be down to memory not seated correctly. I removed all bar one of my 4 sticks I had and ran Memtest. Went through all 4 sticks and all were ok, then reseated all 4 and never had an issue again.

Therefore it might be worth removing your memory sticks, blow for dust removal and then reseat them to see if that helps at all.
but if i will do that i will lose warranty i guess.

Feraldudu

No, PCS have an open chassis policy so you can make any upgrades or work on the internals as you like without affecting warranty
ok so after the tests on gaming ill check the RAM memory. i have finished tests during WoW and temperature was approximetely 60-70 degreeses. (70 when world of warcraft was on main window, then when i alt Tabbed to HWMonitor it dropped instantly to 60-61). I am going to go through diablo 2 ressurected now.

and ofcourse i do not have Antivirus installed, Nvidia Geforce Experience, Discord, Killer Command Center ( all of those uninstalled)

Attachments

• WoW temperature.png
    WoW temperature.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 90

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ok, good. It doesn't appear to be temperature related then. I would go with the suggestion from @Bhuna50 to reseat your RAM, that seems a distinct possibility since the laptop has just returned from an RMA.

I would also remove and reseat the M.2 drive, we've had several issues in the past that were caused by a badly seated M.2 SSD.

Feraldudu

Ok, good. It doesn't appear to be temperature related then. I would go with the suggestion from @Bhuna50 to reseat your RAM, that seems a distinct possibility since the laptop has just returned from an RMA.

I would also remove and reseat the M.2 drive, we've had several issues in the past that were caused by a badly seated M.2 SSD.
I will do this right now then. In case of cyberpunk there were 2 short jumps on temperature (for 5-10 secs) up to 90 degreeses and then it fallen down to constant 69-73 degreeses. all games were running on thie highest possible graphics settings.

Attachments

• cyberpunk temp.png
    cyberpunk temp.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 91

Feraldudu

i did reseat the RAM and SSD, and i will see within next couple of days from now if it helped. plus i will install only Geforce Experience utility and leave kaspersky antivirus and killer command center uninstalled.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i did reseat the RAM and SSD, and i will see within next couple of days from now if it helped. plus i will install only Geforce Experience utility and leave kaspersky antivirus and killer command center uninstalled.
Remember you have to use the right version of geforce experience depending on what type of driver you have installed as per the link otherwise it will be incompatible.

Feraldudu

Remember you have to use the right version of geforce experience depending on what type of driver you have installed as per the link otherwise it will be incompatible.
i think it might be the driver problem. i did download DCH driver with Gefroce Experience and after installation it was working fine, all was good. after that i reboot the system and it stopped working... again the same error 0x00003. I will just uninstall Geforce Experience and will wait for driver update, maybe the driver itself is the failure.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Try the previous version but uninstall using DDU as explained here

Feraldudu

After 5 days of silence the shutdown during gaming comes back ( temperature around 70-75 degreeses on CPU )... no idea what is the reason