Brand New Recoil IV 15.6" Overheating Immediately

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks guys for the advice. I’ll do it Monday because I’m away for a few days. Built a desktop a few weeks ago so that will have to keep me going gaming wise for a while with its paltry gtx 960 lol
If you have any problems or they try and fob you off, get their name, and PM me with the details, I'll send the customer services manager an email. It's really not OK to just fob people off like that. If a GPU is overheating, it's operating outside of NVidia's TDP window, if that's the case then it's very simply not fit for purpose, and either there's something wrong with the configuration (thermal paste, windows and driver setup, or even BIOS update required with further optimisation of voltages), or if the manufacturer hasn't given any updates to that effect, quite simply the chassis isn't fit for purpose and doesn't meet the proposed specs.

Either way, this needs to be looked into further.

Orion

Yo i have the same specs as @Maxe999 and i get almost the same temps ( artix MX-4 option ), but its throttling very very hard in benchmark condition ( below 2,3ghz base clock on cpu. )
Im using a -0.050 undervolt on the CPU wich is the max value i can get on pcs locked bios :(
I used OCCT 6.2 in power test during 5 minute
I get no particular problem while gaming ( tho i only play games like csgo and valorant most of the time and im not checking the temps at the same time )
I'll have to RMA my laptop for a dead pixel soon, do you think they can check this at the same time ?
or is this normal specs ? mmmhhhhh

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    54.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    73.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    77.8 KB · Views: 184

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yo i have the same specs as @Maxe999 and i get almost the same temps ( artix MX-4 option ), but its throttling very very hard in benchmark condition ( below 2,3ghz base clock on cpu. )
Im using a -0.050 undervolt on the CPU wich is the max value i can get on pcs locked bios :(
I used OCCT 6.2 in power test during 5 minute
I get no particular problem while gaming ( tho i only play games like csgo and valorant most of the time and im not checking the temps at the same time )
I'll have to RMA my laptop for a dead pixel soon, do you think they can check this at the same time ?
or is this normal specs ? mmmhhhhh
What are you using to benchmark?

Paddy Baxter

Bronze Level Poster
I sent them another message on Saturday because I didn’t just want to start an RMA without warning or talking to them again. However as of now there has been no reply so I requested an RMA although they charged me £35 for the pleasure

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I sent them another message on Saturday because I didn’t just want to start an RMA without warning or talking to them again. However as of now there has been no reply so I requested an RMA although they charged me £35 for the pleasure
Messages will take a very long time at the moment, every man and his dog is buying a new system for the nvidia GPU’s.

Phone lines are busy also, the online account is the best way to arrange an RMA as you have done.

Why did they charge you for it? Has your warranty expired?

Paddy Baxter

Bronze Level Poster
Messages will take a very long time at the moment, every man and his dog is buying a new system for the nvidia GPU’s.

Phone lines are busy also, the online account is the best way to arrange an RMA as you have done.

Why did they charge you for it? Has your warranty expired?

I’m not sure. I got the system in June. Maybe it’s because I’m in Northern Ireland?

FerrariVie

Super Star
I’m not sure. I got the system in June. Maybe it’s because I’m in Northern Ireland?
Maybe you didn't get the silver warranty? If that's the case, you're covered for shipping only

Regarding the temperatures that you're getting, the GPU is not that bad at 80-81 if you're also stressing the GPU, especially if you look at the CPU temperatures. The heat will transfer from the CPU to the GPU, as the heat pipes are shared. If you could get those CPU temperatures lower, I'm sure your GPU would be fine.

However, on @Maxe999 's case, his CPU is around 90 and GPU 85, which is the thermal throttle limit for the GPU. In his case, I do think that the GPU temps don't look right.

I know it's not the correct way of dealing with this issue, but meanwhile, have you tried undervolting the GPU? I can get mine close to 10 degrees lower with a bit of FPS drop (100 to 80 FPS doesn't actually make much of a difference when playing). At least you could keep using it before RMA'ing it back to PCS.

Just one question for you both: how are the fans? Are you sure they're running at max RPM when CPU/GPU are being stressed?

I have no complaints about the thermal performance on the Nova, as my 2070 will stay around high 70s reaching 80 for a few moments at stock voltages, while an undervolt brings the temps down to high 60s and low 70s, all this with 55% fan speed. One day I'll grab a pair of noise-cancelling headphones and try running the fans at max :ROFLMAO:

Paddy Baxter

Bronze Level Poster
Maybe you didn't get the silver warranty? If that's the case, you're covered for shipping only

Regarding the temperatures that you're getting, the GPU is not that bad at 80-81 if you're also stressing the GPU, especially if you look at the CPU temperatures. The heat will transfer from the CPU to the GPU, as the heat pipes are shared. If you could get those CPU temperatures lower, I'm sure your GPU would be fine.

However, on @Maxe999 's case, his CPU is around 90 and GPU 85, which is the thermal throttle limit for the GPU. In his case, I do think that the GPU temps don't look right.

I know it's not the correct way of dealing with this issue, but meanwhile, have you tried undervolting the GPU? I can get mine close to 10 degrees lower with a bit of FPS drop (100 to 80 FPS doesn't actually make much of a difference when playing). At least you could keep using it before RMA'ing it back to PCS.

Just one question for you both: how are the fans? Are you sure they're running at max RPM when CPU/GPU are being stressed?

I have no complaints about the thermal performance on the Nova, as my 2070 will stay around high 70s reaching 80 for a few moments at stock voltages, while an undervolt brings the temps down to high 60s and low 70s, all this with 55% fan speed. One day I'll grab a pair of noise-cancelling headphones and try running the fans at max :ROFLMAO:
My GPU is maxing at 85 very quickly then throttling. I have underclocked/undervolted the gpu so it hovers around 83-85 but that comes with a substantial performance loss

Maxe999

Sorry for being away from here for so long, I didn't have a computer to reply! It has now been returned to me from the RMA and it is a million times better!!! Effectively one of the fans on the GPU hadn't been hooked up to the motherboard and so it was just roasting in seconds...

I can now run my games on full settings and the GPU stays in the high 60s low 70s comfortably

Unbelievably happy! Cannot recommend an RMA more Paddy if you're having the same issues as me, I hope it helps

Maxe999

A bit cheeky, but if anyone could recommend a good guide for undervolting and any recommended settings for my configuration I would be eternally grateful!!!

mrlip

Gold Level Poster
A bit cheeky, but if anyone could recommend a good guide for undervolting and any recommended settings for my configuration I would be eternally grateful!!!

For intel I would use Intel XTU. Set the core voltage offset to -0.100mv and see how that is. Run some benchmarking tests to check temps and stability. If they are ok then a decent length gaming session is another good way to test stability. Might be able to go a bit lower with the offset as well, I’m not sure with the recent gen of intel mobile processors

FerrariVie

Super Star
For intel I would use Intel XTU. Set the core voltage offset to -0.100mv and see how that is. Run some benchmarking tests to check temps and stability. If they are ok then a decent length gaming session is another good way to test stability. Might be able to go a bit lower with the offset as well, I’m not sure with the recent gen of intel mobile processors
I've heard that Intel 10th-gen have low room for undervolting, most of them saying only -0.050mv was possible. But it is worth a try

Paddy Baxter

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry for being away from here for so long, I didn't have a computer to reply! It has now been returned to me from the RMA and it is a million times better!!! Effectively one of the fans on the GPU hadn't been hooked up to the motherboard and so it was just roasting in seconds...

I can now run my games on full settings and the GPU stays in the high 60s low 70s comfortably

Unbelievably happy! Cannot recommend an RMA more Paddy if you're having the same issues as me, I hope it helps

good to hear it was something so simple! Not too sure what my issue will be as I know for a fact the GPU fan is blasting 100 percent. It was meant to be collected today I left it at my mothers address because I’m at work. I left it on the front porch and my mum has been home all day but I just got an email saying “we missed you”