Breakfast is served..................

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
A good start to the day............................Vegan style

Breakfast.jpg

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That honestly looks lovely

Certainly beats what tasted like a 3 day old Sausage roll I just had from the food van near my office

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Would happily eat most of that - and I'm not a vegan or vegetarian or macrobiotic.

Don't like grilled tomatoes though (fresh tomatoes in a salad, roasted tomatoes for soups, tinned tomatoes for everything else)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Would happily eat most of that - and I'm not a vegan or vegetarian or macrobiotic.

Don't like grilled tomatoes though (fresh tomatoes in a salad, roasted tomatoes for soups, tinned tomatoes for everything else)
Everything was fried.......

Stephen M

Author Level
I’d kill for a good old greasy spoon right about now!
One of the great tragedies of our town was to see a building society appear where the "famous" Tuck's cafe had been.

They did an amazing breakfast, a real old fashioned place which would be shut down today, often the waitress would have a fag hanging out her mouth as she delivered a plate of goodies swimming in grease.

One of the great tragedies of our town was to see a building society appear where the "famous" Tuck's cafe had been.

They did an amazing breakfast, a real old fashioned place which would be shut down today, often the waitress would have a fag hanging out her mouth as she delivered a plate of goodies swimming in grease.
Completely agree you could almost for certain count on there names being tracy or debbie " alrite luv " and that health and safety nightmare of a scolding hot pot of tea balancing next to your head from there tray its actually pritty sad that these types of cafe are being replaced by spoons and you have to argue with the waiter called xavior who dosent understand that toast is not cold untoasted bread with butter on it and is hoping you will go away so he can finish his coursework on dance theroy .... rant over

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
There are still some good cafes out there, I know of one that does a very good buffet breakfast when its allowed to, eat as much as like CAN for under a tenner..........me and my cycling mates used to use it regularly, one of them became known as the sausage king, I think he had about a dozen one morning

Stephen M

Author Level
If I can ever get back to Germany I look forward to a proper German breakfast buffet, lovely breads, plus various meats, cheeses, plus eggs however you want them cooked. In Vienna you can also get a raw egg in a glass, never been brave enough to try.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looks nice, is that the This Isn't Bacon 'bacon'? I'm a veggie and quite like it, can't beat a good veggie sausage either!
@KippleKat , both the bacon and sausages are plant pioneers from sainsbury's, the sausages are the Cumberland style ones, best sausage I've found, they do them in both the chilled and frozen sections