British & Irish Lions Tour of South Africa 2021

rouchie

Rising Star
Today marks the 1 month countdown to the start of the British & Irish Lions Tour of South Africa, and I for one CAN NOT WAIT!! A much smaller tour than usual (especially the notorious 74 tour!) and limited to 3 cities and stadiums due to the Covid risks but at least it is still happening!

Schedule as follows

Date​

Match​

Location​

Stadium​

KO​

03/07/2021Emirates Lions v British & Irish LionsJohannesburgEmirates Airline Park17h00 (BST)
07/07/2021Cell C Sharks v British & Irish LionsJohannesburgEmirates Airline Park19h00 (BST)
10/07/2021Vodacom Bulls v British & Irish LionsPretoriaLoftus Versfeld17h00 (BST)
14/07/2021South Africa ‘A’ v British & Irish LionsCape TownCape Town Stadium19h00 (BST)
17/07/2021DHL Stormers v British & Irish Lions Cape TownCape Town Stadium17h00 (BST)
24/07/2021Springboks v British & Irish Lions - - 1st TestCape TownCape Town Stadium17h00 (BST)
31/07/2021Springboks v British & Irish Lions - 2nd TestJohannesburgFNB Stadium17h00 (BST)
07/08/2021Springboks v British & Irish Lions - 3rd TestJohannesburgFNB Stadium17h00 (BST)

Bigfoot

Grand Master
A couple of Lions in South Africa two years ago

49539863981_6b87c3188c_b.jpg

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Two sisters roaring to welcome the sunset. The adolescent male cub tried to copy them, but his voice hadn’t broken and it sounded like a hoarse croak.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
wow, must have been a fantastic experience and a memory embedded for life :)
It definitely was. It was our first ever safari to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. The wildlife, scenery and people were wonderful. Once the current madness is over, we will be back again. It was amazing to be so close to such large and wild animals, both in an open top vehicle and on foot. If you go for rugby, make some time to see the Big 5 and so much more.

rouchie

Rising Star
I wish, not this time alas but it is a long held ambition of mine to go on a lions tour, and now the kids have flown the nest may be I willl plan for one in the 4, 8 or 12 years :)

MrWilson

Godlike
Should be an interesting tour! Definitely interesting time for it; some lovely controversies in the Lions squad as always. Still think Sinckler was robbed but know he'll be first on the list if one of the tight heads get injured.
Should be interesting to see how the Boks perform in their first proper Tests since the World Cup Final. Will they be prepared despite their severe lack of game time?

I miss the trips to Twickers. Saw England vs South Africa 2018 which ended with the controversial Farrell tackle. Been to a few of the Harlequins Big Games where they fill out the stadium for a match after Christmas. Also went to a couple of Prem Finals and got to be very smug as a Sarries fan (and ex-Junior Academy Player) to watch them lift the trophy in 2015 and 2016.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I saw Scotland vs Western Samoa in the World Cup QF at Murrayfield a good few years ago. It was impossible to get tickets for the semis against England. I was a tight head prop in my rugby playing days at school.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
This scarred old boy certainly could roar. He woke up from a deep sleep as we arrived, had a yawn and a roar and then proceeded to feast on the elephant carcass he had been guarding.

49661572433_08e59ff11d_b.jpg

rouchie

Rising Star
I saw Scotland vs Western Samoa in the World Cup QF at Murrayfield a good few years ago. It was impossible to get tickets for the semis against England. I was a tight head prop in my rugby playing days at school.
I played as a loose head prop at school, second row in the army then took up Judo and only returned to Rugby when my son took it up, and I ended up playing Vets rugby until finally hanging my boots up a couple of years ago after a tour in Budapest :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I played as a loose head prop at school, second row in the army then took up Judo and only returned to Rugby when my son took it up, and I ended up playing Vets rugby until finally hanging my boots up a couple of years ago after a tour in Budapest :)
My youngest daughter played prop for Brighton uni while she was there and also with Bath Ladies for a while

1622882971340.jpeg

rouchie

Rising Star
My youngest daughter played prop for Brighton uni while she was there and also with Bath Ladies for a while

View attachment 26832
brilliant, I have a lot of similar photos of my son, who would play any position as along as he got a game, but sadly has had to give it up at far too young an age as he did not know how to play any softer, an ACL replacement, followed by a snapped radius, followed by another ACL along with MCL and PCL rebuild with a variety of dislocations strains and pulls in between 😧

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
brilliant, I have a lot of similar photos of my son, who would play any position as along as he got a game, but sadly has had to give it up at far too young an age as he did not know how to play any softer, an ACL replacement, followed by a snapped radius, followed by another ACL along with MCL and PCL rebuild with a variety of dislocations strains and pulls in between 😧
Yeah unfortunately the daughter isn't playing any more, the present situation hasn't helped