British & Irish Lions Tour of South Africa 2021

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Couple of changes for Saturday. Daly gets benched, works very well as a utility back replacement, let’s hope Harris holds his own in the 13 channel. Hope Conor is a bit more consistent with the box kicks, with Price adding a bit of fizz off the bench. Faletau earns a place on the bench, not sure if that’s due to rotation or due to Hamish Watson receiving a suspension?
Mako breaks into the starting XV after a strong scrummaging display last week.

15 Stuart Hogg

14 Anthony Watson

13 Chris Harris

12 Robbie Henshaw

11 Duhan van der Merwe

10 Dan Biggar

9 Conor Murray

1 Mako Vunipola

2 Luke Cowan-Dickie

3 Tadhg Furlong

4 Maro Itoje

5 Alun Wyn Jones

6 Courtney Lawes

7 Tom Curry

8 Jack Conan

Replacements:

16 Ken Owens

17 Rory Sutherland

18 Kyle Sinckler

19 Tadhg Beirne

20 Taulupe Faletau

21 Ali Price

22 Owen Farrell

23 Elliot Daly
good to see that Biggar has been passed fit to start at 10

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Still surprised at LCD over Jamie George and I'd prefer a 10-15 of Farrell-Williams to Biggar-Hogg, but otherwise these look like broadly decent calls, and I suppose Gatland knows more than me...

rouchie

Rising Star
I think LCD has earned that slot in all honesty, should be another great test, especially with all the antics from Rassie Erasmus this week and his mind games with the officials, I, for one, can not wait!!

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Well beaten today. Too many penalties given away and weak in the air. Their substitutions killed us in the second half.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You have to admire South Africa, but they do make for a horrible game of rugby!

The case for Liam Williams is surely overwhelming now... I thought Hogg was very unimpressive.

rouchie

Rising Star
did like the quote Will Greening shared from Johnson though talking about SA tactics, if Plan A dont work do Plan A better

rouchie

Rising Star
Lots of big changes and talking points as Gatland annouinces his 23 for the final test

British and Irish Lions: Williams; Adams, Henshaw, Aki, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Price; Jones, Owens, Furlong, Itoje, A Wyn Jones (c), Lawes, Curry, Conan

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Vunipola, Sinckler, Beard, Simmonds, Murray, Russell, Daly

MrWilson

Godlike
Lots of big changes and talking points as Gatland annouinces his 23 for the final test

British and Irish Lions: Williams; Adams, Henshaw, Aki, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Price; Jones, Owens, Furlong, Itoje, A Wyn Jones (c), Lawes, Curry, Conan

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Vunipola, Sinckler, Beard, Simmonds, Murray, Russell, Daly
Some big calls here indeed! Let’s see if they pay off on Saturday.