British & Irish Lions Tour of South Africa 2021

rouchie

Rising Star
No it hasn't , our club recently got back to touch rugby and then finished off the last couple of weeks with some matches just excluding scrums and mauls, hopefully next season we can get back to full on Rugby again at grassroots level

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Should be an interesting tour! Definitely interesting time for it; some lovely controversies in the Lions squad as always. Still think Sinckler was robbed but know he'll be first on the list if one of the tight heads get injured.
Should be interesting to see how the Boks perform in their first proper Tests since the World Cup Final. Will they be prepared despite their severe lack of game time?

I miss the trips to Twickers. Saw England vs South Africa 2018 which ended with the controversial Farrell tackle. Been to a few of the Harlequins Big Games where they fill out the stadium for a match after Christmas. Also went to a couple of Prem Finals and got to be very smug as a Sarries fan (and ex-Junior Academy Player) to watch them lift the trophy in 2015 and 2016.
@MrWilson , are you psychic

MrWilson

Godlike

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Big shame for Porter. I thought he had a really solid 6 Nations, and he also has the ability to play both sides.

While I was expecting it a few games into the tour as opposed to the outset, having Sinckler on the plane is a big tick in my book.
Yeah, not nice to see some one go out of a tour at any point, but even worse before its even started

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Prop forward is a brutal position to play. There is so much force going through the back that injuries are common. Although I only played at school, I am sure that playing as a tight head prop while growing contributed significantly to the back, neck and shoulder problems I have suffered from for decades. Our under 13 scrum weighed about 100 stone, which must have had a massive impact on us. Full and partial scrum collapses were not uncommon and in those situations there is little you can do to protect yourself.

MrWilson

Godlike
6 Irish, 5 Welsh, 4 Scottish in the starting XV, 4 English on the bench. Hoping for a strong performance from Hamish Watson here, give him a chance to put his hand up for that 7 shirt.

15 Liam Williams

14 Josh Adams

13 Robbie Henshaw

12 Bundee Aki

11 Duhan van der Merwe

10 Dan Biggar

9 Conor Murray

1 Rory Sutherland

2 Ken Owens

3 Zander Fagerson

4 Iain Henderson

5 Alun Wyn Jones (c)

6 Tadhg Beirne

7 Hamish Watson

8 Jack Conan

Replacements:

16 Jamie George

17 Wyn Jones

18 Tadhg Furlong

19 Courtney Lawes

20 Taulupe Faletau

21 Ali Price

22 Owen Farrell

23 Anthony Watson

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
6 Irish, 5 Welsh, 4 Scottish in the starting XV, 4 English on the bench. Hoping for a strong performance from Hamish Watson here, give him a chance to put his hand up for that 7 shirt.

15 Liam Williams

14 Josh Adams

13 Robbie Henshaw

12 Bundee Aki

11 Duhan van der Merwe

10 Dan Biggar

9 Conor Murray

1 Rory Sutherland

2 Ken Owens

3 Zander Fagerson

4 Iain Henderson

5 Alun Wyn Jones (c)

6 Tadhg Beirne

7 Hamish Watson

8 Jack Conan

Replacements:

16 Jamie George

17 Wyn Jones

18 Tadhg Furlong

19 Courtney Lawes

20 Taulupe Faletau

21 Ali Price

22 Owen Farrell

23 Anthony Watson
A nice strong squad

rouchie

Rising Star
And then then the tourists tour! I used to love a tour, although I think some vital body organs may have been dissolved over the years :) and I don't expect to see the Lions turning up and puking in the warm up or any one passing out in the scrum either, ah happy days

rouchie

Rising Star
Thought the Jaapanes played some very entertaining rugby AWJ looked fairly comfortable with no dressings etc when the camera settled on him in the 2nd half, and @MrWilson will have to stop naming players and jinxing them, poor JT!

rouchie

Rising Star
Although I am now hearing that they are both are out of the team and tour now and Adam Beard and Josh Navidi have been called up as replacements, with Conor Murray taking over as tour captain

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Although I am now hearing that they are both are out of the team and tour now and Adam Beard and Josh Navidi have been called up as replacements, with Conor Murray taking over as tour captain
Not good to go before the tour proper has started

MrWilson

Godlike
and @MrWilson will have to stop naming players and jinxing them, poor JT!
I’m expecting a big tour from Faf de Klerk, Cheslin Kolbe and Peter Steph du Toit! 😉

This is sad news, would have expected Jonny Gray over Beard as well. Sad for AWJ and JT but a big opportunity for Navidi here.

MrWilson

Godlike
Lineup for first game in SA. Not going to mention any players by name…

15 Stuart Hogg

14 Louis Rees-Zammit

13 Chris Harris

12 Owen Farrell

11 Josh Adams

10 Finn Russell

9 Ali Price

1 Wyn Jones

2 Jamie George

3 Kyle Sinckler

4 Maro Itoje

5 Jonny Hill

6 Courtney Lawes

7 Hamish Watson

8 Taulupe Faletau

Replacements:

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie

17 Mako Vunipola

18 Zander Fagerson

19 Iain Henderson

20 Sam Simmonds

21 Gareth Davies

22 Bundee Aki

23 Elliot Daly

rouchie

Rising Star

15 Stuart Hogg

14 Louis Rees-Zammit

13 Chris Harris

12 Owen Farrell

11 Josh Adams

10 Finn Russell

9 Ali Price

1 Wyn Jones

2 Jamie George

3 Kyle Sinckler

4 Maro Itoje

5 Jonny Hill

6 Courtney Lawes

7 Hamish Watson

8 Taulupe Faletau

Replacements:

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie

17 Mako Vunipola

18 Zander Fagerson

19 Iain Henderson

20 Sam Simmonds

21 Gareth Davies

22 Bundee Aki

23 Elliot Daly
Surely the whole squad can't get sent home now!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

15 Stuart Hogg

14 Louis Rees-Zammit

13 Chris Harris

12 Owen Farrell

11 Josh Adams

10 Finn Russell

9 Ali Price

1 Wyn Jones

2 Jamie George

3 Kyle Sinckler

4 Maro Itoje

5 Jonny Hill