British & Irish Lions Tour of South Africa 2021

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
yep that looks a nice line up, including the replacements (y)

Got my fathers day pressie from eldest daughter yesterday

1626121705678.jpeg

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Was an awesome game, some great performances, I wouldn't like to have to pick a starting 15 for the tests.....................

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It was a great game: I thought the Lions were very unlucky not to win. Itoje and Curry were magnificent, but I thought Murray and Farrell weren't working that smoothly as a combination.

MrWilson

Godlike
I’m expecting a big tour from Faf de Klerk, Cheslin Kolbe and Peter Steph du Toit! 😉
Kolbe had a stormer, but Faf got a yellow and Peter SDT failed an HIA, does the jinx continue?
Thought Mako had a great game once he came of the bench
Mako made chops for days, might have a bit of Sarries bias but I thought that he was fantastic. Daly put in work too when he came on. Farrell on the other hand, seemed a little off the mark, perhaps still a little psyched out from the RWC Final?

Hopefully that's the kick we need to step up another level, looking forward to the first test!

rouchie

Rising Star
He certainly hasn't been at his best and maybe he has been impacted by that season in the championsip? Such a shame because when he is on his game he is a top player

It wasn't that long ago that the allblacks were all bowing to him!
1626418992488.png

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think Farrell is terrific, but the combination with Murray just wasn't working. No fly half looks good without that link working well.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Not the strongest opposition today, but put away professionally. Quite a month for Marcus Smith and he did well on his Lions debut. Cowan Dickie seems to have overtaken Jamie George. AWD must be a terminator. He showed no signs of being in recovery from a dislocated shoulder.

rouchie

Rising Star
South Africa have taken a leaf out of Gatlands book and beaten him to the punch with their team announcement for Saturdays clash - Looks like the Covid Casualtys are fit again!

South Africa: Le Roux; Kolbe, Am, De Allende, Mapimpi; Pollard, De Klerk; Nche, Mbonambi, Nyakane, Etzebeth, Mostert, Kolisi (capt), Du Toit, Smith

Replacements: Marx, Kitshoff, Malherbe, De Jager, Elstadt, H Jantjies, E Jantjies, Willemse