BSOD After install Control Center on Windows 11

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys! Today I cleaned all my disk partitions and install Windows 11 (ISO file downloaded from Microsoft Store) to my laptop. I did install all drivers and Windows Update. But whenever after I install Control Center, my laptop gives me a BSOD and reboot the system itself. I had to find out which one causes that trouble. And after three times I reinstalled Windows I've finally find out that Control Center causes that.

BSOD says
Code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA
Failure: ACPIDRIVER.sys

Have no idea what to do without installing Control Center, I've been using the same version of Control Center that PCS gave it to me. Maybe I should try latest Control Center but I've heard the latest Control Centers works only in newer BIOS (1.09) so as I posted here before, I'm currently using older BIOS version (1.07). PCS don't give me new BIOS. Don't know what to do.

Ionico Series: 17.3" Matte QHD 165Hz sRGB 100% LED Widescreen (2560x1440)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor 10875H (2.3GHz, 5.1GHz Turbo)
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
1TB INTEL® 665p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 2000MB/sR | 1925MB/sW)

Attachments

• IMG_0736.jpeg
    IMG_0736.jpeg
    894.3 KB · Views: 196

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey guys! Today I cleaned all my disk partitions and install Windows 11 (ISO file downloaded from Microsoft Store) to my laptop. I did install all drivers and Windows Update. But whenever after I install Control Center, my laptop gives me a BSOD and reboot the system itself. I had to find out which one causes that trouble. And after three times I reinstalled Windows I've finally find out that Control Center causes that.

BSOD says
Code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA
Failure: ACPIDRIVER.sys

Have no idea what to do without installing Control Center, I've been using the same version of Control Center that PCS gave it to me. Maybe I should try latest Control Center but I've heard the latest Control Centers works only in newer BIOS (1.09) so as I posted here before, I'm currently using older BIOS version (1.07). PCS don't give me new BIOS. Don't know what to do.

Ionico Series: 17.3" Matte QHD 165Hz sRGB 100% LED Widescreen (2560x1440)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor 10875H (2.3GHz, 5.1GHz Turbo)
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
1TB INTEL® 665p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 2000MB/sR | 1925MB/sW)
Can you take a screenshot of your device manager page?

What do you mean PCS won't give you the latest BIOS? What was your reason for needing it and what did they say?

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Can you take a screenshot of your device manager page?
I think something is wrong here. Could you help me what to install to fix these problems?

PS:Sorry for the Turkish language

What do you mean PCS won't give you the latest BIOS? What was your reason for needing it and what did they say?
I have no idea, I received my laptop with 1.07 version of BIOS, but after 1 month PCS has starting sending the same laptops with the newer BIOS (1.09) So I thought newer is better why not I request for the new BIOS? I called them and emailed them twice but they told me it is not necessery to update BIOS because it would be warranty problem if I do something wrong while flashing BIOS, they said. So i let it go.

Attachments

• Ekran Görüntüsü (3).png
    Ekran Görüntüsü (3).png
    252.1 KB · Views: 206

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have no idea, I received my laptop with 1.07 version of BIOS, but after 1 month PCS has starting sending the same laptops with the newer BIOS (1.09) So I thought newer is better why not I request for the new BIOS? I called them and emailed them twice but they told me it is not necessery to update BIOS because it would be warranty problem if I do something wrong while flashing BIOS, they said. So i let it go.
So as we've explained before, the BIOS isn't like software, newer has no relation to anything, you only update it if its causing issues on your system.

I don't know the reasons why you've asked for it, if you were saying "it's preventing me doing this or this is not working" and they found that was because of the BIOS then they'd update it.

If you're just saying I want a bios update because there's a new one then you don't need a bios update.

We've said this numerous times now.

It's not accurate to say they won't give you the bios, there's just no requirement for it.

Regarding control center, your windows isn't configured yet, control center is a management driver that ties into all the drivers on your system. If they're not installed, then it's not going to work.

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Regarding control center, your windows isn't configured yet, control center is a management driver that ties into all the drivers on your system. If they're not installed, then it's not going to work.
So what should i do to configure my Windows? Installed everything. On Win11 Insider version I had no problem aswell as on Windows 10. Never had any problem before.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So what should i do to configure my Windows? Installed everything. On Win11 Insider version I had no problem aswell as on Windows 10. Never had any problem before.
This is a clean install though, windows insider was an upgrade so would still have windows configured.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You're missing a ton of drivers. You say that I did install all drivers and Windows Update, so from where did you get the drivers?

You should simply run Windows Update repeatedly after installing Windows 11 and that should find all your drivers. If you have installed drivers sourced from anywhere else then that's likely your problem.

BTW. Did you do a clean install of Windows 11 or did you upgrade Windows 10?

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
I installed everything including PCS Drivers , Chipsets, Bluetooth drivers etc. All from download section of my PCS account.The exclamation mark on Device Manager disappeared after I installed Chipset driver.So i thought i can now install the Control Center, tried and result the same. Same BSOD screen pops up. In case, I created system restore point before i installed Control Center, then i went to this website and download ther latest chipset driver. Installed Control Center and…

Result still same. BSOD pops up.

Windows Update says i'm up to date. No more updates pops up.

PS: I did clean install Windows 11. No upgrade.

Attachments

• Ekran Görüntüsü (4).png
    Ekran Görüntüsü (4).png
    217.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Ekran Görüntüsü (5).png
    Ekran Görüntüsü (5).png
    94.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Now i'm using Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and it listed Standard NVM Express Controller has to be installed. Hope it fixes my problem.
Edit: Now Intel Driver Support Assitant says I'm up to date. Now I'll try to install Control Center once again.

Attachments

• Ekran Görüntüsü (7).png
    Ekran Görüntüsü (7).png
    94.4 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Tried everything, still BSOD.

So the best option is going back to clean install Windows10 and then upgrade to Windows11. There is no else any option comes to my mind. Or, is there any other Control Centers works on my laptop?

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Tried everything, still BSOD.

So the best option is going back to clean install Windows10 and then upgrade to Windows11. There is no else any option comes to my mind. Or, is there any other Control Centers works on my laptop?
Control center works fine, it's just that windows isn't properly configured.

You know that because you had it working fine on the windows 11 preview which is exactly the same version that you're running now. Unless there's something you've changed such as installing a different control center version or you've sourced a BIOS from elsewhere.

Sorry, but you'll have to ask someone else for advice on how to configure windows.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I installed everything including PCS Drivers , Chipsets, Bluetooth drivers etc. All from download section of my PCS account.The exclamation mark on Device Manager disappeared after I installed Chipset driver.So i thought i can now install the Control Center, tried and result the same. Same BSOD screen pops up. In case, I created system restore point before i installed Control Center, then i went to this website and download ther latest chipset driver. Installed Control Center and…

Result still same. BSOD pops up.

Windows Update says i'm up to date. No more updates pops up.

PS: I did clean install Windows 11. No upgrade.
That's probably your problem then. You need to do another clean install of Windows 11 and this time allow Windows Update to install all drivers. You'll find them under Optional Updates, there's a specific Driver Updates section in there. Select all drivers listed and then re-run WIndows Update. Keep doing that until no more updates (and no more optional updates) are found.

The drivers you've installed from your download section will be Windows 10 drivers and they may not be suitable. Just let Windows Update install drivers.

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Unless there's something you've changed such as installing a different control center version or you've sourced a BIOS from elsewhere.
No I changed nothing. Neither on BIOS nor drivers. Same drivers and same BIOS i’ve been using since i got my laptop. And for the record, i’ve tried three times clean Windows 11 install, got the same BSOD on all of them. Tomorrow I will go back to Windows 10. Thanks guys 🙏🏻

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No I changed nothing. Neither on BIOS nor drivers. Same drivers and same BIOS i’ve been using since i got my laptop. And for the record, i’ve tried three times clean Windows 11 install, got the same BSOD on all of them. Tomorrow I will go back to Windows 10. Thanks guys 🙏🏻
As said, there's nothing wrong with windows 11 or control center, it's just that you have to clconfigire windows in a certain way.

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
As said, there's nothing wrong with windows 11 or control center, it's just that you have to clconfigire windows in a certain way.
Well, somehow I fixed the problem now it works fine so far. I wanted to share with you guys possible solution for anyone who might have this problem;

Like @ubuysa and @SpyderTracks said (thanks to both gentelmen)

• Before I start, I restore to default settings my BIOS and reboot the system.
  • Reinstall Windows ISO file downloaded from Microsoft Store (In my case it wasn't upgrade to Win11, clean installed)
  • I used USB drive to Install Windows (You can use Rufus to install the Windows 11 from USB stick)
  • Keep pushing Windows Update till you've got nothing and as well as Optional Updates.
  • If you have Intel products in your system, I highly recommend to install Intel Driver and Support Assistant, it tells you what to install and what's missing on your system and it allows you to download and install for you. Because sometimes Windows doesn't list your must-have updates. (In my case, I installed my Bluetooth Driver by using this assistant)
  • Installed my graphic card drivers. (Nvidia Control Panel and Geforece Experience/Game Ready drivers)
  • I installed my Chipset drivers from Intel's website unlike from PCS's download section. (There is small difference between both file size, I chose the install Intel's)
  • And by using this, exclamation mark on the Device Manager disappeared.
  • And finally I've choose what Control Center would fit to my system, and I chose to install 3.9.38.0 version of the Control Center. PCS says you to install Control Center 3.1.23.0 if you have the same product as I have. I found the latest Control Center from somewhere else but I don't recommend it for you
  • I don't see any relation of which version you use of Control Center causes the trouble but I chose to install latest one, because my last three attempt has failure when I tried to install the older version of Control Center. Yet I'm not fully qualified person to define that.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who intended to solve the problem with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Windows Update should have (would have) installed your chipset drivers and the appropriate Intel device drivers. You don;t need Rufus at all, instead of messing about with an ISO file use the WIndows Media Creation Toll, it creates a bootable USB all by itself.

Installing control software (like CC) from non-PCS sites/vendors is probably unwise.

Eldavo

I've got the same problem. The strange fact is that this bug only triggered today, but I updated to 11 more than one month ago.
What happened today? My PC was on, plugged, locked and idle, power went out, laptop went into standby mode automatically. I was AFK the whole time; when I came back, turned on and unlocked the pc, the crashes started.
I'm not installing any CC for now, as I'm not sure which version matches with my Ionico laptop.
PCS' own Control Center is horribly updated, still 3.1.23 .
We should contact PCS (en masse) to let them know they need to push a CC update for 11.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've got the same problem. The strange fact is that this bug only triggered today, but I updated to 11 more than one month ago.
What happened today? My PC was on, plugged, locked and idle, power went out, laptop went into standby mode automatically. I was AFK the whole time; when I came back, turned on and unlocked the pc, the crashes started.
I'm not installing any CC for now, as I'm not sure which version matches with my Ionico laptop.
PCS' own Control Center is horribly updated, still 3.1.23 .
We should contact PCS (en masse) to let them know they need to push a CC update for 11.
This forum is purely for PCS authorised drivers and software.

As such if you have an issue with a driver you need to contact PCS to get an update.

Please don't post links to competitor drivers as they are not official.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Certainly PCS need to know about the issue and people should report it, but Clevo write the Control Center software and related drivers so all PCS can do is put pressure on Clevo (which they may already be doing).