BSOD Sub Forum in Tech Support

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I've recently been learning how to analyse BSODs, and while I've far from mastered it yet I can do the basics and have helped out a few people eliminate their problems so far. I was just wondering if a dedicated BSOD forum would be an idea on here in the Tech Support area? If I could help a few people out maybe it could cut down on some RMAs and get people up and running quicker?

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I wouldn't be able to solve every issue but a conversion rate even in the low percentages may help PCS out in their tech support area. Plus if someone's issue did result in an RMA they could point to the thread in question where most of the logs would be displayed, even some rudimentary pre-RMA debugging could prove useful to the tech teams?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Does it need its own section? Perhaps a pinned thread in tech support forum with common fixes for BSODs.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Does it need its own section? Perhaps a pinned thread in tech support forum with common fixes for BSODs.

There aren't any common fixes for BSODs unless they're all the same driver causing issues. I just thought it would help out PCS in the tech support area, and if it had its own forum I could subscribe to the RSS feed and link it into Rainmeter.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Hmmm, while it seems like a good idea it may end up with sections for different common problems, 1 for blank screen, 1 for "my PC beeped 4 times" etc and it would probably just add to the confusion for new users looking for support.

daveeb

Enthusiast
I think it sounds a good idea, anything to de-mystify the dreaded BSOD would be good in my books. :yes:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yeah I think it would be a pretty good idea. I guess we could just have one "BSOD" section in desktop tech support, and another BSOD section in laptop support. Or perhaps, a dedicated BSOD forum. under as its own section.

Rakk

The Awesome
yeah I think it would be a pretty good idea. I guess we could just have one "BSOD" section in desktop tech support, and another BSOD section in laptop support. Or perhaps, a dedicated BSOD forum. under as its own section.
I was thinking a BSOD folder/forum under the Tech Support section

Boozad

Prolific Poster
That was pretty much my line of thinking. Debugging a laptop should be no different to debugging a desktop in theory, when you get down to hardware then it could change but if they're driver related then it's pretty much like for like.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
It's like this:

mini-BSoD402.JPG

Or like this for Ubuysa :p :

resized_scumbag-windows-meme-generator-scumbag-windows-8-upgraded-bsod-d756a8.jpg

Last edited:

steaky360

I was thinking a BSOD folder/forum under the Tech Support section

I agree :) if my vote counts at all :)

Definitely a good idea! BSOD's are the bane of many a windows user and are often the first thing people would notice about their rig acting up (its BSOD'd its broke!).