BSoD various faults reported. All research points to RAM. 1month old machine...help please!!!!

My machine which is just 1 month old has had BSoD from the start beginning with Watchdog violation which i updated firmware on SSD and seems to have fixed that but getting other memory management screens while just using chrome and downloading or very simple usage. I have really used its full potential much yet due to time. just been setting it up getting software installed etc. Did a memory diagnostic last night but got no report on it, took a pic, literally 0% in and said hardware errors. All pics attached of various issues. please help, if its RAM then I need replacement or advice, for a new machine this isn't great so far :( . The few render tests I have done show it preforms amazingly, 3 times faster than my old mac pro, so if it can be a stable machine I'll be very happy

Chassis & DisplayRecoil Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB INTEL® 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 1800MB/sR | 1800MB/sW)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 3 in 1 Card Reader (SD / SDHC / SDXC)
AC Adaptor1 x 180W AC Adaptor
BatteryRecoil II Series 46WH Lithium Ion Battery
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-9260 M.2 (1.73Gbps, 802.11AC) +BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.1 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.1 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard LanguagePER-KEY RGB BACKLIT UK MECHANICAL KEYBOARD

Attachments

• bsod watchdog.jpg
    bsod watchdog.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 232
  • bsod rom.jpg
    bsod rom.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 235
  • page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-bsod.png
    page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-bsod.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 257
  • bsod MM.jpg
    bsod MM.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC_1297.JPG
    DSC_1297.JPG
    997.3 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC_1296.JPG
    DSC_1296.JPG
    972.2 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC_1295.JPG
    DSC_1295.JPG
    861.4 KB · Views: 244

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Why have you waited a month? The first time you had a BSOD you should have been on the phone to PCS. Call them ASAP and talk this over with them

I agree that it looks very much like hardware, but it's under warranty so PCS will sort it. [emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
May be worth unslotting the memory and reinserting it just to see if that clears the errors, but yes, I’d definitely log it with PCS also.

Why have you waited a month? The first time you had a BSOD you should have been on the phone to PCS. Call them ASAP and talk this over with them

I agree that it looks very much like hardware, but it's under warranty so PCS will sort it. [emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk

I'll be honest, its been long time since using a PC and BSoD has changed and doesn't look as intimidating as it used to, so as I've only been using intermittently thought these things could potentially clear up or once I started using it more regularly I would then deal with as I am now. But you are right I could have been in touch sooner. Thanks for you reply

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
No BSOD is ever normal, it's a last gasp desperate attempt by the kernel to give you some useful troubleshooting info before it collapses and dies. Do call PCS. :)

yeah PCS staff asked me to run memtest. Ran it for 14hours came back with over 10m errors, 40% pass rate. So sent the logs over to PCS for them to check and diagnose issue.

Shepard

Enthusiast
Hi there,

would you be comfortable to take the RAM out and run the system with one stick after another? It might be, that one stick is faulty but the rest is fine. This way, if it is a hardware fault at all, we'd be able to exchange the damaged stick of RAM with a new one.

yeah i can give that a go. Seems to crash with memory management BSoD when rendering out of after effects so that would be a good test. will try tonight. thanks

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
yeah i can give that a go. Seems to crash with memory management BSoD when rendering out of after effects so that would be a good test. will try tonight. thanks
The best way is to run Memtest with only one stick in at a time. The problem with using something like After Effects is that you can't guarantee hitting every page of RAM.

ok. that makes sense. do i have to run it for 14hours though? how many passes/tests are enough to give a decent/accurate result? cheers

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You'd run Memtest until it gave an error, or overnight with no errors would be a fairly decent indicator.

If you try 1 stick and get errors, and try the next stick and get errors, the next thing to do would be to try a different RAM slot in the motherboard. If both sticks give errors in slot 1, but neither gives errors in another slot, it could be a fault with the mobo.

So a fairly slow, dull and potentially lengthy exercise but a free one.