BSOD when playing games.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Earlier in this thread you installed Windows to the PCS SSD and all seemed to go well? Have you tried moving that drive to the one the Firecuda is in and then installing Windows on that PCS drive in the PCIe 4 M.2 slot? That should show us whether this is a motherboard problem or not.

I also note that you have 4 x 8GB RAM sticks and I remember reading somewhere else that AMD CPUs sometimes don't play well with 4 RAM sticks. I know that some years ago we had no end of problems on here with AMD CPUs and 4 RAM sticks. Can you remove two RAM sticks - check with your manual to leave to correct two slots populated - and then try installing to the Firecuda in its normal PCIe 4 M.2 slot?

Last edited:

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Earlier in this thread you installed Windows to the PCS SSD and all seemed to go well? Have you tried moving that drive to the one the Firecuda is in and then installing Windows on that PCS drive in the PCIe 4 M.2 slot? That should show us whether this is a motherboard problem or not.

I also note that you have 4 x 8GB RAM sticks and I remember reading somewhere else that AMD CPUs sometimes don't play well with 4 RAM sticks. I know that some years ago we had no end of problems on here with AMD CPUs and 4 RAM sticks. Can you remove two RAM sticks - check with your manual to leave to correct two slots populated - and then try installing to the Firecuda in its normal PCIe 4 M.2 slot?
Hi. as you can see. removed 2 rams still having issue.
1. tried installing windows on firecuda in bottom slot. done all windows update, all optional updates. chipset driver. on latest version of bios. come to do a gpu stress test. crash.
2. Changed the firecuda into to lane. done all same. Crash
Done same without the 2nd drive install. Crash
Install PCS Nvme with 2 rams installed. working perfect.. put all 4 rams in. Working perfect.
When install firecuda and run crystaldiskmark. Its not reading or writing. When trying to install Steam games on to Firecuda. It crashes.

Disk 0 Is PCS Nvme.
New Volume Is Firecuda.
When i try to copy any games over from PCS Drive which got OS to firecuda on or install any games onto firecuda that is the message i get.
As you can see. Everything is upto date.
4.jpg
5.jpg
3.jpg

2.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 10

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Been in touch with them. Got to send drive back. They going refund me for drive. They stated I have to buy another. Drive different make and see if it still happens. They said if it does. I have to rma as the person I spoke to also confirmed could be motherboard issues.. As he asked me to try 2 rams told him I done that. I removed the cmos battery still same.. So will see how we go on with new drive when I get 1. Need to look for a drive now for windows.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
***UPDATE*** bought this drive. Installed etc. And all working so far. Its reading and writing. I Can transfer games over. etc etc. Will keep you informed.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 11

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If that drive does turn out to fix your issues please report back to PCS. They need to know that the Seagate Firecuda might not be stable with that motherboard and CPU.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Been working fine. But when I turn PC off leave off for an hour. And power up. It won't boot to desktop or bios. Green led boot light on motherboard. Spoke to a bloke at pcs they stated sounds more like motherboard issues.. they don't have asus x570f boards anymore only gigabyte... Bloke said the boards might be out of warranty now. Because they get warranty from when they purchase he told me. So am thinking now. Do I sell all my parts etc and buy Am5 build or rma and pay for them to look at it and find out and risk it... But money not a issues like. So am tempting to go AM5